- Ignore Quality Checks - Allow your translators to flag and ignore any false positives (except for spelling and high-severity errors).
- New available actions:
- Create new strings
- Create Patterns for Dynamic Content (for Global Delivery Network users)
- Recheck SmartMatches to ensure all authorized strings eligible for SmartMatching are captured (e.g. if you've imported translations or added a TM after the strings were authorized, or if you've enabled or updated SmartMatch settings since the strings were authorized)
- Improved job navigation - Navigate more easily between a job's details, its Strings View, and the project it belongs to.
- Quality Checks in Linguistic Packages - You can now assign quality check profiles to individual linguistic packages. We have also added a new page where you can create and manage quality check profiles.
- Job Automation for Partially Authorized Strings - You can now capture partially authorized content when creating job automation rules.
- DITA ZIP Files - We now support DITA archives in .zip format.
- WebVTT Support - We now support the WebVTT (.vtt) file type.
- Idle String Rules - You can now build workflow rules that remind users about idle strings and move them to the next step after a specified period of time.
- Plural Quality Check - A new quality check notifies you in the CAT tool when any of the forms of a plural translation are the same as another form. The quality check does not run if the target language requires only one form.
- Target/Source Consistency Quality Check - A new quality check notifies you in the CAT tool's quality check report if the same source string is translated differently in multiple instances of a target language or if the same translation is used for two or more source strings.
- Contentful Connector - You can now find a specific Contentful entry via its ID, which is available in the Contentful UI under the Info panel and through APIs.
- Job Automation - You can now schedule automated jobs to run every two or three weeks.
- Improved Dynamic Workflow Notifications - We now provide more useful notification emails about idle strings by including links to the project or job, as well as links to the string in the CAT tool.
- Sitecore Connector - You can now submit the children of children of a new data source with our Sitecore connector, which allows you to ensure that all related content is included in a translation request.
- AEM Touch Connector - You can now translate multiple content fragments simultaneously.
- DITA - We now support the .ditamap file type.
- New Java SDK - Build your Java integration with Smartling through a new Java SDK that includes APIs for Authentication, Jobs, Jobs Batches, Issues, and Locales. You will temporarily need to use the prior SDK in addition to the new one to access Files.
- Itemized Repetitions - String repetitions are now itemized in cost estimates and word count reports.
- Unique Job IDs - All Smartling jobs are now labeled with a unique ID that can be filtered for on the Jobs page.
- Changes to Jobs - We will no longer add previously published content to any new job that you create. In addition, we will no longer remove content from a job when you close it.
- MT/TM Pre-population Threshold - You can now set a fuzzy match threshold in the CAT tool, below which machine translations are pre-populated and above which translation memory matches are pre-populated. This feature is configured in the translation workflow step and overrides linguist-specific preferences.
- Issue Webhooks - Customers can now specify a callback URL to which Smartling will send all issue events. Information sent includes the project ID, event type, issue ID, string hash code and other issue data.
- Filter Strings by Assigned User: Filter for assigned or assignable users on the string level.
- Clickable Links in Job Descriptions: Add clickable links to job descriptions on the Job Details page.
- Delete Cancelled Jobs: You can now delete cancelled jobs from the Jobs Dashboard or the Job Details page.
- Get Short URLs: In the "Help" menu, Click “Get Short URL for this page” to copy a short URL from Smartling to your clipboard.
- Add a Watcher to an Issue via Email: Add a watcher to an issue from the To: or CC: sections of an issue email.
- Issue Type Filter in Strings View: Choose between Source and Translation issues with the new “Issue type” filter in the Strings View.
- Assign Issues: Assign an issue to a resource with the new “Assign to” drop-down menu. In the Issues Report, filter for assigned issues with the new “Issue Assigned To” filter. These features are available to Account Owners and Project Managers.
- Language-Specific Glossaries: Glossaries can now be tied to individual target languages.
- Case Sensitivity in Glossaries: Glossaries now support case-sensitive text matching.
- New Issue Keyboard Shortcut: Open new issues for any string with a custom keyboard shortcut that you set.
- Respond to Issues via Email: Comment on issues and send file attachments directly within your email client.
- QA Report by Job: Run a QA report across an entire job.
- Blacklist Term Management: Filter your blacklisted glossary terms by text and locale, and create and delete blacklisted terms as needed. Export and import your blacklist as well.
- Strings View: An improved user experience to confirm your bulk actions.
- Cost Estimates: Generate accurate cost calculations for non-Published types of SmartMatch.
- Contentful Connector: When you request translations, you are now asked to specify a (new) job to package that content. Once your job is created, you can review and authorize the job.
- New Experience Updates:
- Strings View - Easily identify and manage unauthorized strings by showing source strings only
- Added support for Eloqua and Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Job Custom Fields: Add additional data to your translation jobs, such as department name or description.
- Translation Memory Management: Find and Replace - Keep your translation memory clean by finding and replacing strings in your TM in bulk.
- Increase CAT Tool search speed by 3x.
- Find and resolve open issues with enhanced filters. Filter by save status and issue status.
- Sketch Plugin: Original Sketch file is attached to the Job for troubleshooting or desktop publishing
- Smartling Draft (NEW!): Standardize source content by repurposing words and phrases from your linguistic assets. Available as a Google Docs extension.
- New Experience: Unified design and code refresh for faster, more scalable, and more flexible navigation and API-driven actions.
- Dynamic Workflows: Automatically direct content to a step in one workflow path or another, based on pre-set conditions.
- Roles and Permissions: Grant permissions to linguists and agencies to add, edit, delete, export, and manage various linguistic assets.
- Contentful Rich Text Format: Retain rich-text formatting from Contentful source content when creating translations.
- Quality Check Severity Warnings at the Segment Level: Now easier to see which sentences need users’ attention
- Markdown: We now support GitHub flavored markdown files.
- Quality Checks: New quality check that verifies whether or not the source string punctuation is consistent with what's in the target.
- Enhanced Quality Checks: Added support for glossary compliance
- Vendors API: Enables LSPs to easily view the list of open jobs in your account
- Reports API: Enables users to pull translator word count analytics for invoicing and tracking purposes
- HubSpot Blog: API-key integration to easily submit and retrieve translations for blog content
- CAT Tool Overview: Added the ability to autocomplete glossary terms, tags, and placeholders when working in the target field of the CAT tool.
- Quality Checks: Added a new quality check that sees whether the capitalization in the source is consistent with what's in the target.
- Strings View: (BETA) Access strings via Projects and Jobs.
- CAT Tool Overview: Added ability to pop out the context view into a separate window, as well as ability to reposition the context view options (gear wheel) to a different area within the context view.
- Customize CAT Tool Behavior:
- In your CAT tool preferences, you can:
- Set your translation options to auto-propagate updates across all pages (instead of just the current page), provided that your content is in a job.
- Pre-populate machine translations if there's no TM match available over 100%.
- In your CAT tool preferences, you can:
- CAT Tool Overview: Smartling does a glossary match of different forms of a word (such as run, ran, running). For example, in the source, the term "currency" will match against "Currencies" in the glossary.
- Request Translations Using Jobs: You can now gain insight into events that occurred within your job(s), via the History tab.
- Jobs Dashboard for Agencies: Jobs are automatically updated every 3-hours, however, you now have the ability to refresh the data when needed. The Expand Languages feature has also been implemented allowing you to see each language for each job, along with its associated word count.
- Quality Checks: Added a new quality check that verifies whether legal symbols in the source were used in the target.
- Screenshots: Ability to add context (JPG and PNG files) to your string(s).
- Sketch: Added ability to preview strings when submitting content, and the ability to select multiple languages when retrieving translations. In addition, you can authorize content from within Sketch (for all languages only). For specific languages, authorization is performed in the Smartling dashboard.
- CAT Tool Overview: Added mobile responsive context for translation resources to be able to view what context would look like on a mobile phone or tablet.
- Search Translation Memory: Updated design for the external TM search window.
- Insert, Remove, or Move Tags and Placeholders: Added ability to insert formatting tags in the target.
- Screenshots: For context, you can now upload multiple images (up to 100 images) at once. Each file cannot exceed 10MB.
- QA Translations: Added the Glossary Compliance check. When a source string contains a glossary term, this quality check will check if a glossary translation was or was not used.
- Choose a Translation Method: Added a new third-party provider: Amazon Translate.
- String Changes Report: The String Changes Report allows you to view and download the history of changes that were made to a translated string.
- Fuzzy Match: Unedited fuzzy matching is shown with a lighter, italicized font.
- Search Translation Memory (Concordance Search): Added ability to pop-out Search TM to perform a concordance search and view context at the same time. Useful if you're using an external monitor.
- Capture Content: For Global Delivery Network projects, all content that passes through the proxy will appear pseudo-localized, allowing you to simulate a translated website before any real translation is done.
- Manage Issues Via Slack: This integration enables you to send Smartling translation issues to a Slack channel and take action on them from within Slack.
- Exclude Content From Translation and Restore: "Unexclude" strings by restoring and authorizing them.
- Callbacks: Callbacks for pre-published strings and files.
- Manage Issues: Ability to add an attachment to an issue.
- Customize CAT Tool Behavior: Added setting to automatically save auto-propagated strings.
- Search Translation Memory (Concordance Search): Added Exact Match setting in concordance search.
- AEM Touch Configuration for Version 5.0: There are new AEM Touch configuration procedures if you are planning on migrating to AEM 6.4.
- JSON: New file directive:
- CAT Tool Overview:
- View Translation History: Added a new "Revised in Publish" filter which allows you to find content that was edited while in the Publish step.
- Jobs Dashboard for Translators and Editors: Added ability to export content and import translations.
- Insert, Remove, or Move Tags and Placeholders: Added ability to automatically place tags from source to target, in its correct position. (Currently only available for French translations.)
- Automatically Create a Job Upon File Upload: When using certain parameters for uploading files, your content goes into the translation queue upon file upload, and strings from the file will automatically be added to a job.
- Save and Submit Translations / Proofread Translations: Translators, Editors, and Reviewers can now save certain strings at once. For Editors and Reviewers, the "Confirm" button has now been renamed to "Save".
- CAT Tool Overview: Ability to automatically replace standard straight quotes with smart quotes - German and French only.
- Translation Memory Management: You can now search across multiple translation memories.
- View Translation History: Allows you to find content that was edited while in the Publish step.
- Save and Submit Translations: Ability to save/submit certain strings at once.
- Jobs Dashboard for Translators and Editors: Enables you to view all of your tasks in one place, and easily find those which have a higher priority.
- Export Content to CSV: Export and download translations as a CSV file to easily sort and view content in spreadsheet format.
- Configure Quality Checks: Added a new quality check - insertable consistency - which checks for the presence of break tags, non-breaking spaces, newline characters, word joiners, and zero-width characters.
- Jobs Dashboard for Agencies: At any point in time, you can run a fuzzy estimate and download it as a CSV file.
- Request Translations Using Jobs: Ability to view strings from within a job.
- Customize CAT Tool Behavior: Ability to auto-propagate all matching drafts and saved translations when a 100% repetition is updated.
- CAT Tool Overview: Toggle between uppercase, lowercase, and the capitalization of the first letter of each word.
- Respond to Questions from Linguists: Ability to add email watchers to "watch" when an issue is opened, commented on, or closed.
- Translation Memory Management: Ability to search within a TM, move content between TMs, export or delete content, and insight into the history of a string.
- Manage Issues: Any email address can be added as a watcher to receive notifications about an issue being opened, commented on, or closed.
- Context Crawler: Allows you to easily grab visual context from your website by simply entering the URL of a website, and the crawler will then find the pages to visit on its own.
- Application Files and Business Documents: When uploading files and requesting translation, you will be required to add your content to an existing job, or a new job, before authorizing the content.
- Translate Glossary Terms: When glossary terms are authorized for translation, they're packaged into a job.
- Request Translations Using Jobs: Run a "refresh estimate" on jobs in progress to show the cost for all content within a job.
- Jobs Dashboard for Agencies: Easily see all jobs from your customers, across all accounts.
- GitHub Connector: Added ability to automatically authorize all jobs. (For Enterprise customers only.)
- Quality Confidence Score: A fundamentally new approach to Quality Management.
- CAT Tool Find and Replace: Quickly find and replace translations within a specific workflow step.
- Configure a Workflow Step: When making an edit to either the Editing or Internal Review step, you have the option to skip either step.
- Insert Tags or Placeholders: New shortcut to insert next tag or placeholder.
- Inactive Strings: Better defining how inactive strings are handled.
- Jobs: New UI for the Jobs feature for Account Owners and Project Managers.
- The following connectors now support adding content to a new or existing job: Drupal 8 TMGMT Connector, Drupal 7 Classic Connector, and the WordPress Connector.
- XML: Added two new directives: character_limits_paths and instruction_paths.
- Missing Tags: Tags that have not been placed in the translation field will be shown in red in the source.
- Special Characters: You now have the ability to quickly insert special characters in the target field of the CAT tool.
- Sketch Plugin: New version of the Sketch plugin. Fixed issues with applying styles and new line characters.
- Manage Issues: In addition to downloading the Issues Details Report, you can now view and manage all issues from within the Smartling Dashboard.
- Contentful Connector: The Contentful platform lets you create, manage, and distribute content to any platform. Contentful customers are interested in a seamless approach to translating their content and media asset types. The Smartling Contentful Connector facilitates the translation process.
- Sitecore Connector: Upgrade to version 1.6.0
- XML: Added new supported format (block) to string_format_paths directive.
- Added percentage to fuzzy match score.
- Fixed an issue where fixing a QA error for a segment removed the QA status for the whole string.
- Moved string instructions to the editor.
- You can now jump to a particular page by typing the starting page number.
- Reorganized keyboard shortcut menu.
- Resolved issues are now shown more visibly on a string.
- Machine translation now has a dedicated shortcut.
- It is now possible to drag placeholders and special characters.
- Emergency Contact Info: You can add an email address in Smartling in order to receive notifications about important system status and maintenance.
- Filter by String Properties - SEO Content: Allows you to easily find and handle SEO content.
- File Versioning (For Essential, Basic, Pro, Business): Smartling automatically versions your file uploads.
- GitHub Connector: If your localization resource files are in a GitHub repository, the Smartling GitHub connector may be the ideal option for automating the process of sending source files to Smartling, and getting translations into your repository, where you need them.
- HTML File Variants Support: HTML files uploaded via our API supports the
data-sl-variantattribute, similar to our Global Delivery Network (GDN).
- Fixed an issue in FireFox where the cursor jumped to the end whenever selecting a segment that was inactive.
- Added a filter for unresolved issues.
- We now show the number of comments pertaining to an issue.
- We rearranged the comment box in Issues so that comments are more noticeable.
- Fixed an issue where adjusting the height of the side panel in one browser window unset changes made in another browser window
- Implemented a number of improvements for editing speed on large strings.
- Added a user preference to stop the string list from automatically scrolling.
- Added a user preference for font size.
- ICU Message Format: Smartling supports standard arguments (a.k.a. placeholders), as well as 'select' and 'plural' arguments. The following items will not be supported: 'selectordinal', nested 'select' and 'plural', and plural strings with multiple plurals. If you are currently using MessageFormat or considering using it, contact your Smartling Customer Success Manager to review your files and ensure compatibility.
- Offline Work for Jobs: To enable taking jobs offline, Account Owners can contact their Customer Success Manager. Once the feature is enabled, Translations Resources will be able to export a job to work offline, and then import the translations back to Smartling.
- Keyboard Shortcut: Added keyboard shortcut to close pop-up window: Tab key + Enter.
- Bulk Save: Continuous improvements to bulk save.
- Video Context: Media projects now support translation using YouTube videos as context.
- Chrome Browser Extension for Capturing Context: Now has a standard Smartling login form. Therefore, it supports sign in with Google and also better handles difficulties with logging in (for example, a forgotten password).
- Tags: Click and drag tags in a segment without breaking HTML code.
- CLI: For API v2, replacing the command line BASH scripts with a CLI tool. (Alpha)
- AEM Classic Connector: Changes to original content won't affect locked translated sections.
- Quality Check Severity Errors: Improved experience of Medium Severity Errors. As part of our continuing work to improve how bulk save works, medium severity errors now have new buttons: “Fix Later” and “Save Anyway”. Selecting either button will let you immediately move on to the next string instead of stopping the the queue of strings to save.
- TM Matches: Fixed an issue where TM matches were sometimes not repopulating on page load.
- Plurals: Fixed an issue with plurals where the string status (check mark) was not getting updated when a user was editing other forms.
- Personal Dictionary: Add words that you know are correctly spelled.
- DQF: Evaluate, track, and benchmark translation quality within the CAT tool.
- Resize Panels: You can now resize the height of panels. For example, the height of a panel (such as the Language Resources panel) can be modified by clicking and dragging the top or bottom edge of the panel.
- Severity Errors: All high severity errors are batched together for bulk save. They’ll be shown at the end of the save process after all other strings have been saved.
- Drafts: Improved how we handle “empty” drafts.
- Save and Submit: Save All and Submit buttons are split into two separate ones to make those actions clearer.
- Glossary: Fixed an issue that was preventing glossary terms created in character-based languages from being highlighted.
- Unconfirmed Strings: Fixed an issue around the number of “unconfirmed” strings being shown in the CAT tool.
- Badges: Number of “badges” in the sidebar is only shown if the number is greater than 0.
- Spellcheck: Fixed some usability issues with the add to dictionary/spellcheck popup.
- Copy Only Tags: Fixed a bug around “copy only tags.” If you press the “copy only tags” shortcut, and there are no tags in the target, we no longer delete the translation in the target.
- 100% Matching: Fixed an issue with 100% matching when comparing strings with different segmentation but matching content.
- Pre-Populate: Pre-populate TM matches used to only be available for 100% matches. Now, Translators can set any Fuzzy Match threshold they want to populate TM matches.
- Predictive Typing: Allows you to see in real-time next word alternatives.
- MT: Improve the quality of machine translations through an approach that combines human translations with machine learning (adaptive machine translation).
- Jobs: New navigation and feature enhancements to Jobs. For now, this is being rolled out to new enterprise clients.
- Search and Replace: Content search and replace allows you to perform a "find and replace" on your translated strings.
- String Search: Search for a string by the date it was added/uploaded.
- Content Velocity Reports: The Content Velocity by Workflow Report (data is grouped by workflow) and the Content Velocity by Locale Report (data is grouped by locale) provide insight into the average amount of time that a word or a string spends in a particular workflow step from content authorization to publishing.
- Content Changes Reports: The Content Changes by Workflow Report (data is grouped by workflow) and the Content Changes by Locale Report (data is grouped by locale) provide insight into how much content is actually changing in each step of a workflow.
- Badges: Only red number “badges” are shown in the resources panel if there are more than 0 items.
- Fixed usability issues with the spellcheck suggestion/add to dictionary pop up.
- Fixed a bug around strings getting a lower TM match than it should have.
- Quality Checks:
- “All error" tab in Quality Check report is now the same color as the highest severity level in report.
- Quality Check Report tabs are now sorted by severity level.
- Quality Check Report tabs with 0 errors are now hidden.
- Korean Language: Fixed an issue with Korean language translation.
- Pre-population: Fixed an issue with pre-population of 100% matches (edited).
- Adding Glossary Terms: Glossary terms can now be added with a new button in addition to the keyboard shortcut. Highlighting text in the source will now reveal an Add to Glossary button.
- Wordpress: Added UI to control logging - on/off and to pick the folder where logs are stored.
- Adding Glossary Terms: Glossary terms can now be added directly in the CAT tool.
- Filtering: It's now possible to filter the CAT tool. Available filters include: workflow, job, translation status, files URI, tags, and keyword.
- Quality Checks Panel: Added a Quality Checks panel to show translation errors per segment.
- Speed: Improved speed of the CAT tool on big strings.
- Bulk Save: Fixed a bug with bulk save.
- MT: Added the option to hide machine translations.
- Font: Updated the CAT tool font to Google Noto Sans and gave users the ability to change the font in their editor.
- Video Context: Videos can now be added as context (with SRT file).
- Reference Code: Reference Code field added to Jobs.
- Dynamic Quality Framework (DQF): Support for TAUS' DQF - a quality framework.
- Reconnection: Added reconnection when connector is disconnected from CMS Gateway, in order to not have missing context for some pages.
- Locale Mappings: Extended default locale mappings for non-standard locale `es_la=> es-LA`.
- Launch Title: Fixed issue with automatically generated launch title being too long. AEM has restriction on length of launch title. During launch title creation, unique data is added at the end of the title and is cut according to AEM rules. If page title is too long, we had an issue with creating the same launch title during the creation of the following launch title.
- JSON: Added JSON Properties HTML Decoder component in order to fix broken value of JSON properties.
- Job Name: You can now show the Job Name in the Content/Translations List by clicking on the gear icon and selecting "Show Job Name."
- Issues: Issue Details Report allows for a download of all issues data.
- Marketo: Marketo Programs are now available for translation along with other types of assets.
- Offline CAT: Available for agency owners and translation resource managers. Previously, this was only available for translation resources.
- Edit Glossary: Ability for user to Add/ Edit glossary term.
- Added user-defined character limit to quality checks.
- Added ability to turn on check for no emojis in quality check settings.
- Fixed spellcheck for capitalized words in German.
- Improved CAT tool performance with large glossary load.
- Fixed glossary popup getting obscured by other parts of CAT tool.
- Improved experience for selecting and dragging words in editor.
- Fixed copying source to target only inserting last segment in multi-segment strings.
- Fixed issues with launching CAT tool after selecting “Do not show this message again”.
- Fixed HTML entries not showing in autocomplete.
- Fixed constant repositioning of scrollbar during bulk save.
- Fixed poor performance of “Next Tag” keyboard shortcut.
- Fixing resetting of custom keyboard shortcut profile on switching projects.
- Updated TM fuzzy scores to be consistent with old CAT tool experience.
- Fixed bulk save order to be consistent with string order.
- Fixed false “empty string” detection when segment has only tags.
- Fixed “copy source to target” when segments have been merged.
- Improved page load performance.
- Fixed HTML tags being counted in string length.
- Fixed full width question mark being treated as emoji in ZH-TW.
- Fixed autocomplete suggestions for tags/ placeholders overriding “save and next string” shortcut.
- Fixed HTML rendering of styleguide and special instructions.
- Fixed discrepancy in total spelling errors shown in the editor and the QA report.
- Fixed QA error being displayed spelling errors surrounding tags.
- Added string-level check for character count limit.
- Fixed character counts to be based on plural forms.
- Fixed certain Polish characters not being recognized in CAT tool.
- Fixed CAT tool not scrolling to active string selected in List View.
- Fixed strings not loading for certain old content.
- Corrected ability to use standard shortcuts (Cmd C/V) to copy-paste source into target.
- Updated in-line quality errors for double spaces to single spaces for character based languages.
- Added string hashcodes to additional information.
- Fixed spellcheck popover requiring two clicks to open, when cursor is not at end of segment.
- Improved UI for leading/ trailing space errors.
- Fixed tag order not being saved correctly on submission.
- Fixed editor not focusing on current string, when user clicks on padding in the input segment.
- Improved offline recovery/ messaging.
- Resolved some tags not inserting via keyboard shortcut.
- Standardized formatting of all dates in CAT tool.
- New SmartMatch setting added to leverage translations that aren't fully published. Useful for translations that were deleted while In Progress and not fully Published.
- GDN: JSON parsing directives can now be passed as HTTP headers - in addition to directly in JSON.
- 100% TM match pre-population enabled.
- Enabled new CAT tool for admin approval step.
- Fixed performance issues for Microsoft Edge.
- Fixed Issue count bubble not changing when using the Issue resolved toggle.
- Resolved translators getting errors when fetching workflow data for a string outside their workflow step.
- Fixed adjacent placeholders/ tags not being tokenized appropriately.
- Fixed translators not being able to insert characters D and M.
- Added keyboard shortcut hover-over for Restore Segmentation command.
- Autoscroll jitter for Video translation fixed.
- Quality Check Tools allow for management of quality errors in the CAT tool.
- Quality check settings improved for business documents.
- Fixed progress bar to show correct progress for Edit/ Proofread step.
- Decoupled Reject action from Confirm action across all workflow steps.
- Restricted Confirm action to only be available in post-translation and admin approval steps.
- Fixed error thrown when glossary shortcut is used when no glossary exists for linguistic package.
- Fixed non-functioning Custom status for string filters.
- Improved memory management for context.
- Formatted TM results to be the same as Glossary search results.
- Reviewer can submit content, even if it is locked from editing.
- Fixed incorrect focus on string on page load, if CAT tool loaded from any point other than list view.
- Fixed context not loading when user clicks on source.
- Resolved spellcheck not functioning for multiple languages, including Hungarian.
- Fixed merge functionality for document translation.
- Fixed only saved strings to be submitted on Submit action (previously also Submitting Draft strings).
- Improved tag insertion/ resolved tag inconsistency error performance.
- Improved quality check warning to show the highest severity associated with a string.
- First release of design tool plugins: Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator. Sketch has some additional functionality to be able to automatically submit content and context to Smartling using your Smartling account. Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator will have this functionality in a forthcoming release; for now, source content is exported as a file and translated content is imported back in as JSON. All three plugins support pseudo translation.
- Powerpoint files uploaded to the Dashboard now have options for selecting slides, master slides, and notes.
- Exporting translation memory now has the ability to select multiple languages for download.
- Character limits can now be specified in iOS and Android resource files. The specific values from the files will be set on the string. Example for iOS Strings:
/*This is an instruction*/
"thisis.a.key" = "This is a string";
- Launched shortcut for Save and Next String.
- Enabled full emoji support in new CAT tool.
- Made language resources insert shortcuts customizable.
- Introduced messaging for possible slow performance when list contains large strings.
- Improved shortcut hover-overs: Now show if shortcut is not set and needs to be updated.
- Improved double-spaced false positive errors in certain connector projects.
- Fixed TM source showing “No source specified”.
- Renamed double-space quality check to whitespace check, to account for Asian languages.
- Fixed broken context when image tag appears in source in word documents.
- Corrected in-editor spacing errors to account for target locale.
- Corrected validation for issue type presence on issue create: fixed “Creating Issue” message.
- Improved string loading behavior in the presence of large glossary updates.
- Fixed problem inserting “<<” due to conflict with keyboard shortcuts.
- Fixed incorrect “missing tags” error message, even when tags inserted properly.
- Made string order in CAT tool consistent with string order in List View.
- Fixed tag insertion order when source HTML is broken.
- Improved handling of `</br>` as a special character.
- Added source content display to glossary in language resources.
- Fixed video replay restart when video does not start at 00::00::00.
- Improved background display of progress with bulk save/ submit.
- Limited number of language resources available via keyboard shortcut to 10.
- Corrected keyboard shortcut actions to use i18n.
- Fixed default keyboard shortcut inconsistencies between classic and new CAT tool.
- Added tooltip hints for copy tags to target.
- Improved loading of history and issues panels.
- Assign All button has been added to make it easier to assign all content to a single resource.
- Word Count Report to view by translation resource in addition to Language and Job.
- iOS Files: The `includeOriginalStrings` parameter has been added to support iOS .stringsdict and .strings files.
- An addition to the Eloqua connector to allow for automatically rewriting content as it moves from Smartling to Eloqua. The primary use case is to replace phone numbers, email addresses, and other blocks of content to localize it for a particular market.
- Build rules to automate how content is packaged into a job through Job Automation. Rules can include or exclude files or URLs, be built for specific languages, and more.
- Wordpress: New 1.4.4 release which brings the new way how to register custom post types for localization- no custom code has to be written - just describe what should be localized in the custom post type and the rest will happen automatically. Also extended integration for Wordpress "shortcodes." This was done for upcoming release of Divi Builder localization. In addition, improved memory and CPU usage. Wordpress Connector works only when content editor submits content from Wordpress Admin UI so loading of connector's code by Wordpress when page is rendered for site visitors has been removed.
- TM Leverage Report: See how much content has benefited from leverage of Translation Memory.
- Mobile Context Library easily takes screenshots of app screens in iOS and Android.
- Demandware: Addresses issue in applying translations when Demandware does other concurrent updates of products in background (backup; replication stg ↔ prod). Background tasks (for uploading and downloading content) were switched to a new Demandware platform version. Continue refactoring which is required to switch on FAPI v2. Also added Test Connection button in Smartling settings.
- Repository: Improvements in SVN flow - it's more robust in case when workspace is in broken state (previous operation failed because of network; security; etc). For Git flow, added validation that workspace is in consistent state. Can be useful for troubleshooting. Also updated validation pattern for client locale code. So now a customer can use any string as client locale code (length: 1 to 50).
- Sitecore: Introduced presentation layout customization per language. It means that content editor can adjust presentation (add personalization and so on) for every language without involving developers. We added native support for this feature. Also added the new Sitecore WF step which allows a customer to submit an item to all configured locales. So if client uses WF then upload to Smartling can be just a part of his WF and no need to send content to Smartling explicit. Every new content, or updates in content will be submitted to Smartling automatically.
- Wordpress: Released an additional plugin for Wordpress. The core plugin supports translation of built-in WP types including simple customizations, but almost every website uses additional 20-30 plugins which extend WP functionality. And some of these plugins use custom storage for content. The new plugin, Smartling ACF Localization, allows a customer to translate content created by popular ACF plugin (1M+ installations).
sl_path_notranslateJSON directive was implemented. It enables XPath for notranslate functionality in JSON.
- Word Count: Word Count Report broken down by job.
- Content Changes by Workflow Report: Shows how workflow could be optimized by removing steps where few changes are made.
- Content Velocity Report: Identifies bottlenecks to optimize workflow.
- AEM Classic Connector: New URL Rewriter: Covers more cases and default behavior. Rewrites everything that is possible and exclusions can be configured. Simplified Integration: For those who built automation on top of Classic connector we simplified integration. Now required input parameters are more straightforward.
- Eloqua: Added ability to translate 2 new asset types: emails and landing pages.