What are Processed Words?
Processed words refer to the first time that a human translator (or third-party provider) has interacted with the words.
Machine Translations are counted as Processed Words. This includes MT provider workflows, MT suggestions in the CAT Tool, and copy-source-to-target.
If translations are imported from a Resource File, they also count as Processed Words (regardless of the workflow step that the translations are imported to).
SmartMatched translations are not counted as Processed Words. However, if a string is SmartMatched, and a Translator edits the translation, it would count towards processed words.
The Processed Words Report
The report records the daily number of words translated for the first time in a specific project, either via a Translator or third-party provider.
Strings are only counted once for each target locale. Retranslating a string which has already been counted for that locale will not cause it to be counted again.
Fuzzy Match scores do not affect the Processed Word count.
If there are inaccurate published translations which are then modified, the changes will count as processed words, but no credit will be given and won’t be counted in the Word Count Report.
Note: You may notice a time difference/lag between what you see in the Processed Words Report versus the Word Count Report. For example, if a Translator translated strings on a Monday, but only submitted the strings on a Tuesday:
- The Processed Words Report will show that they were worked on, on the Monday.
- The Word Count Report will show Tuesday.
The Processed Words Report is commonly used for billing forecasting purposes. For example, an Account Owner may wish to see how many processed words they had for a quarter, or a year, in order to plan for future allocations.
Accessing The Processed Words Report
The Processed Words Report is available to Account Owners and Project Managers on Enterprise accounts.
- Go to Reports > Processed Words
- Under Locale Name, select the language(s)you wish to include in the report
- Under Action Date, select the date range you wish to include in the report, from presets or custom ranges
- Click the update icon to run the report
- To obtain an offline version of the report, click the ellipses and select Download or schedule a delivery of the report directly to your inbox