String Changes Report
This article is for all users - Account Owners, Project Managers, Agency Account Owners, Translation Resource Managers, Translators, Editors, and Reviewers.
The String Changes Report allows you to view and download the history of changes that were made to a translated string. Common use cases for this report include:
- Auditing purposes, such as to see which changes were made to the content, and the number of changes.
- Insight for translation teams to learn what was changed from the initial translation to the final published translation.
For Account Owners and Project Managers: You can view and download any set of content by using the following available filters:
- Translation Language
- Content With/Without Changes
- Date Authorized (for a specific timeframe)
For Agency Account Owners, Translation Resource Managers, Translators, Editors, and Reviewers: You can view and download content for which you participated. For example, if you're a Translator, you can view and download the translations of the workflow(s) for which you took part.
Access the String Changes Report
- Log in to Smartling and select Reports > String Changes Report.
- Filter for the information that you need then click Run Report. (Depending on your user role, you will see different filters.)
Data can be retrieved for the past 90 days, and a maximum of 500 items will be shown within the dashboard. However, when you download the content to a CSV, the full result set (anything more than 500) will be available in the file.
If you're downloading the report, make note of the following:
- Edit Distance: The number of character changes in the content, between each step.
- Edit Distance to Publish: The number of character changes from the current step to the final, published translation.
- Fuzzy Score: If a fuzzy score is available, it will be displayed. If the content is SmartMatched, no Fuzzy Score will be available. The Fuzzy Score in the downloaded CSV file is represented by a number between 0 and 1000.
- 1000 represents a 100% match
- 995 represents a 99.5% match
- Workflow Action: Shows the action that caused a translation to move to the next step in the workflow. Possible values include:
- TRANSLATION_SUBMITTED: Translation submitted from the translation step.
- EDIT: Translation submitted from an edit step.
- REVIEW: Translation submitted from a review step.
- MOVE: An Account Owner or Project Manager submitted content from a "hold" step.
- REJECT: A translation that was rejected and sent back to the previous step in the workflow.
- SMARTMATCH: A translation was SmartMatched from the translation memory (TM) and moved to the next step in the workflow.
- IMPORT: A translation was imported manually from a file.
- CUSTOM_MOVE: An Account Owner or Project Manager manually moved content between workflow steps.
- POST_MACHINE_REVISION: A translation was edited after it was machine translated.
- AUTO_MOVE_FUZZY_MATCH: A translation skipped a step due to a configuration that allows a translation to meet a fuzzy match threshold to skip workflow steps.