A quality check profile is a group of severity level settings for quality checks. To manage quality check settings, Account Owner and Project Managers can create quality check profiles, customize them if desired, and then assign them to linguistic packages, so they can be applied to your content on the project level.
Create a Quality Check Profile
To create one, complete the following steps.
- Go to Account Settings > Linguistic Assets and then click Quality Checks.
- Click Create QC Profile.
- In the dialog that appears, enter a Profile Name and click Create.
Rename, Copy, or Delete a Quality Check Profile
Click the ellipsis (three dots) on the right side of the profile, under Actions
- To rename a Quality Check Profile, select Edit Profile
- To copy a Quality Check Profile, select Duplicate Profile
- To delete a Quality Check Profile, select Delete Profile
- You can't delete a Quality Check Profile that's assigned to an active Linguistic Package
Change Quality Check Severity
To change the quality check severity in a profile or disable some checks entirely, click the name of a profile to open it and set the desired severity for each quality check option.
Alternately, leave the profile with its default severities as follows:
- Disabled – The quality check is disabled and no errors are shown to the Translator in the CAT tool.
- Low Severity – The quality check is enabled. Errors are shown in the CAT tool but do not prevent the Translator from saving and submitting work.
- Medium Severity – The quality check is enabled. Errors are shown in the CAT tool and result in a warning when saving and submitting a string. The Translator needs to fix or accept the error before saving and submitting.
- High Severity – The quality check is enabled. Errors are shown in the CAT tool and prevent the Translator from saving and submitting a string until resolved.
Add or Remove Language-specific Rules
To add language-specific rules to a quality check profile:
- Click the name of the profile to open it.
- Under the quality check you want to customize, click Add Language-Specific Setting.
- Select the language(s) to add a rule for, and choose a severity.
To remove a language-specific rule, click Delete Language Rule
It can take up to 15 minutes for changes made to quality checks to be applied in the CAT tool.
Assign a Quality Check Profile to a Linguistic Package
To assign a quality check profile to a linguistic package, follow the instructions to managing a Linguistic Package.