The Adobe Illustrator plugin allows you to send, preview and receive translations performed within Smartling, from within your Illustrator app.
Using the Illustrator plugin will also provide automatic Visual Context for linguists in the CAT Tool.
- Adobe Illustrator app
- Access to Adobe Creative Cloud
- Access to Smartling as an Account Owner or Project Manager user
- This means having an activated user account (i.e. you have signed in to Smartling successfully)
Create a Files Project in Smartling
- Log in to Smartling
- Create a Resource Files Project
Download the Smartling Illustrator Plugin
- Launch Adobe Creative Cloud
- Go to Stock & Marketplace
- Filter for Plugins in the dropdown menu and search "smartling"
- Click Get on the Smartling plugin tile
The Smartling plugin is now available in your Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator apps.
Connect the Smartling Illustrator Plugin to Smartling
- Open Adobe Illustrator
- Create a new or open an existing Illustrator file
- Click Window > Extensions > Smartling
- A tab in your browser will automatically open, prompting you to log in to Smartling
- Log in to Smartling with your user role credentials
- After a successful login, you can close the browser tab
- In Adobe Illustrator, choose the project you want to send content for translation to in Smartling
- Choose to exclude irrelevant strings
- Enabling this setting prevents any string that contains only numbers, special characters or emojis from being submitted for translation
- Click Save
- Once the confirmation flag appears, click X to close out the window
Now you're ready to start translating with the Smartling Illustrator plugin.