Smartling typically returns translated content back to the source application in the same state it was ingested in. With the Episerver Connector, you can configure the state you want the translations to be in. For example, you may want your published source content translated and delivered back in a draft state, for an additional review.
Whatever the case, you can configure the publishing status of their newly delivered translations in Episerver, from the Smartling Project configuration.
Configure Episerver Delivery Options
- In Smartling, go to your Episerver Project
- Click the Settings tab
- Click Episerver Settings
- Under Delivery Options, choose from one of the three options
Episerver Delivery Options
- Never publish: When the completed translations are delivered, they are marked as "Draft" in Episerver and are not published automatically.
- Always publish: Smartling will publish an entry after successful delivery, even if the entry was in a Draft state as a source.
- Smart publish (if published): Smartling will deliver the translated asset and apply the status of the translated file's previous version. If this is the first time translations for an asset are being delivered, it will use the status of the most recent source version. This is the current default behavior.