Zendesk Support Plugin Overview
Providing support to your customers via Zendesk Support in multiple languages typically requires a multilingual support team to cover all support tickets opened in any language. This can be expensive and difficult to manage.
With the Smartling Zendesk Support plugin, you can provide multilingual support to your customers with your existing support team. The plugin delivers instant Machine Translation on inbound support tickets from your customers, and outbound responses from your support team. The plugin works with any language pairs, meaning the support team can continue to provide expert advice and support in their native language, and have it automatically translated into any target language.
The Smartling Zendesk Support plugin ultimately enables multilingual support to your customers around the world, at rapid speed and low cost.
How it works
The Smartling Zendesk Support plugin can be downloaded in the Zendesk Marketplace. It uses Zendesk Triggers to auto-detect your customer's native language in their inbound support ticket. This ticket is instantly sent to Smartling, where it is machine translated into your agent's native language, and automatically delivered back to the Zendesk ticket thread. This event happens almost instantaneously.
The agent writes a response in their native language as an internal note, using the tag #smartling at the beginning. Once the agent submits the internal note, it is sent to Smartling for machine translation into your customer's native language. The translations are automatically inserted as a public reply in the Zendesk ticket thread.
- The plugin is connected to your Smartling account, not any specific project.
- Translations are not captured or visible on the Smartling dashboard.
- Translations are not stored in your Smartling Translation Memory.
- A workflow is not required.
- MT must be enabled in the CAT Tool.
- Translations are completed by the default MT Profile enabled in your CAT Tool Settings.
- Languages must be supported by the MT Profile.
- As translations are handled by the MT Profile, URL's and HTML are supported in line with the MT Profile's capability.
- Images embedded into the ticket are not translated.
- Attachments to the ticket are not translated and are delivered.