An Account Owner and Project Manager can give other users on the team two user roles. For example, if you have a Project Manager on your team who is also an internal reviewer of your translations, they can be given an additional Translation Resource user role.
"Content Owners," including Account Owners, Project Managers, and Requesters, can receive an additional "Translation" user role. Select "Translation Resource Manager" if the user needs to assign tasks to others and work on translations themselves. Choose "Translation Resource" if they should solely focus on translating, editing, or reviewing translations.
A "Translation" user role can be given an Account Owner, Project Manager, or Requester user role.
Note: Only the Account Owner or Project Manager users in the account can grant a user an additional role. However, it's important to note that no user has the capability to grant themselves an additional role.
For more information on user role permissions, read our documentation on User Permissions
How to Give a User Two User Roles
- In Smartling, go to Team > Users
- Click the tile of the user you want to give two roles to
- Click Manage Roles
- Click Add on the supported additional role
- If the user role is in black, it means the user already has that role.
- You can manage the user's permissions and assignments by clicking the role
- Proceed to give the user applicable permissions and workflow assignments for their new additional role.
How to Switch User Roles
- Click the dropdown under your name
- Select the role you would like to switch to
- Your dashboard will automatically switch the Jobs Dashboard the of the selected role