The Jobs Dashboard is an intuitive view of all Jobs in your pipeline of work in Smartling. From source content to translation, and all the metadata in between, the columns are packed with information, each of which holds different importance for each user.
Default Jobs Dashboard Columns
To understand the default layout of the Jobs Dashboard in detail, read our documentation on navigating the Jobs Dashboard.
Customizing Jobs Dashboard Columns
As Agency Account Owners and Translation Resource Managers, you can customize the columns in your Jobs Dashboard by following these steps:
- Access the Jobs Dashboard
- Click the column toggle to switch views from Default to Custom
- Now you're in the Custom View, click the View Configuration icon to customize the columns
This open the Customize Columns wizard, where you can move any of the Selected Columns already in view to the Available Columns group on the left, so they are no longer in view.
- To remove columns from the Jobs Dashboard, click and draft Selected Columns to the Available Columns group
- Alternatively, click the x symbol to move columns from right to left
- To add columns to the Jobs Dashboard, click and drag any Available Columns to the Selected Columns group
- Alternatively, click the + symbol to move columns from left to right
- To reorder the columns in the Jobs Dashboard, click and drag the Selected Columns from top to bottom - which displays them in order of first to last in the Jobs Dashboard
- Any column with a padlock symbol cannot be removed but can be reordered
- When you are finished, click Apply Changes to update your Custom Jobs Dashboard
The Custom Jobs Dashboard does not layer column data in the same way as the Default Jobs Dashboard, as seen in the Job Name columns where Project name, Issues and Jobs Attachments are all included.
However, unlike the Default Jobs Dashboard, the Custom Jobs Dashboard support horizontal scrolling, so you can view all custom selected columns by scrolling horizontally.
The same Jobs Dashboard actions apply in both the Default and Custom view.
Toggle Between Views
You can switch views quickly and easily by clicking the toggle from Custom to Default.
Custom Views are unique to the user. This means that Custom Jobs Dashboard link sharing with other users will result in sharing the Default Jobs Dashboard.