If you have specific subtypes for Source or Translation Issues, Account Owner and Project Manager users can manage custom subtypes in Account Settings > Issue Subtypes. Here you will find a list of all the default issue types, which you can edit, disable, or add a new subtype to the list.
Subtype Codes are for Smartling's API integration only. They are essentially a UID for the subtypes, which is typically a replica of the subtype name.
Create Custom Subtypes
- Click Add New Subtype
- Choose the issue type - Source or Translation
- Insert the subtype name
- Max character limit: 80
- The subtype code for the API will autopopulate with the name of the subtype. This can be modified, but it is recommended to keep it consistent with the subtype name.
- Click Confirm
- To edit any subtypes, click the ellipses beside the subtype > Edit Subtype.
- You cannot edit the subtype code for API
- Editing the subtype does not affect the subtype code for API
- To disable any of the subtypes, click the ellipses beside the subtype > Disable.
- Disabling an issue subtype will prevent new issues from being recorded with this subtype. Existing issues will not be affected.
- Choose to show or hide disabled subtypes by selecting or unselecting the checkbox beside "Show disabled Subtypes".