Automate Job Creation
This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers.
The Job Automation feature allows you to schedule content to automatically be batched into a job, based on a set of rules. You can also choose to automatically authorize the job for translation.
Automating a job is only compatible for cases where content is not automatically authorized for translation, for example, by using a connector or API integration. Global Delivery Network (GDN) projects are an ideal candidate for Job Automation.
To set up Job Automation:
- Do one of the following:
- In the New Experience, from a project, click Jobs, then click the gear icon and select Jobs Automation.
- In the Classic Experience, select a project and then go to Project Settings > Jobs Automation.
- Click Create Rule. You'll be prompted to fill out the following:
- Job Name (required): Smartling will use your preferred job naming convention each time a new job is created.
- Job Description: Give your job a meaningful description for Translators.
- Schedule (required): Decide when you want the job to be created, and the frequency.
- Content: Toggle ON if you want to include/exclude a particular file name (if it's a Files Project) or URL (if it's a GDN Project). If this is left to OFF, Smartling will capture all new content into the job.
- You can use wildcard symbols to specify what should not be included in the job. For example, a "?" can be used to denote a single character wildcard (any 1-character matches), or an "*" can be used to denote a multiple character wildcard.
- Languages: Select the languages to be captured into the job. Only content that is not authorized across all of the selected locales will be captured.
- Authorize for Translation: Set to ON if you want to automatically authorize the job for translation.
- Include partially authorized content: Include content that has been partially authorized across all the locales of a job. Note that In Progress and Published strings are filtered out.
- Due Date: Decide on the due date for your job according to content volume. You should keep in mind your translation provider’s standard turnaround times for translation.
- Notifications: Enter the email address for anyone that needs to receive a notification when a job is created. Recipients do not need to have a Smartling account.
If you wish to run Job Automation prior to the scheduled time, click the play icon from within the Actions column. You can also edit or delete the rule at any time. If you wish to temporarily disable the rule, toggle OFF from within the Status column.
Each time the rule runs, the most recent time is captured in the Last Run column.