The Job Automation feature allows Account Owners and Project Managers to schedule content to automatically be batched into a Job, based on a set of rules. You can also choose to automatically authorize the Job for translation.
Automating a Job is only compatible for cases where content is not automatically authorized for translation, for example, by using a connector or API integration. Global Delivery Network (GDN) projects are an ideal candidate for Job Automation.
We recommend that you do not combine Jobs Automation Rules with automation of prior requests for translation settings on connector projects, as doing so may result in unexpected behavior.
To set up Job Automation:
- From the account-level Jobs Dashboard, click the Jobs Automation tab
- Click Create Rule. You'll be prompted to fill out the following:
- Choose a Project to apply the rule to from the dropdown list of projects.
- Job Name (required): Smartling will use your preferred Job naming convention each time a new Job is created.
- Job Description: Give your Job a meaningful description for Translators.
- Schedule (required): Decide when you want the Job to be created, and the frequency.
- Frequency options include; weekly, fortnightly, every 3 weeks, or every month.
- You can also be specific about the day of the week, date of the month, and time in which the Job is created, or instead of an exact time, you can decide that the Job should be created every hour, every 3 hours, every 6 hours, or every 12 hours.
- Languages: Select the languages to be captured into the Job. Only content that is not authorized across all the selected locales will be captured.
- Authorize for Translation: Set to ON if you want to automatically authorize the Job for translation.
- Include partially authorized content: Include content that has been partially authorized across all the locales of a Job. Partially authorized content refers to content that has been authorized for translation into at least one other language, but not all languages. Note that In Progress and Published strings are filtered out.
- Content: Toggle ON if you want to include/exclude a particular file name (if it's a Files Project) or URL (if it's a GDN Project). If this is left to OFF, Smartling will capture all new content into the Job.
- You can use wildcard symbols to specify what should not be included in the Job. For example, a "?" can be used to denote a single character wildcard (any 1-character matches), or an "*" can be used to denote a multiple character wildcard.
- Word Count Rules: Toggle on to limit content by weighted words per language.
- Choose to add a language-exception to this rule by selecting a language to apply a specific weighted word count to.
- It is possible for the weighted word count limit set on the job automation rules to be exceeded, due to differences in what the weighted word count before the strings enter a Job and what happens after, such as translation memory leverage.
- Due Date: Decide on the due date for your Job according to content volume. You should keep in mind your translation provider’s standard turnaround times for translation.
- Notifications: Enter the email address for anyone who needs to receive a notification when a Job is created. Recipients do not need to have a Smartling account.
- Click Save. This will enable your rule.
If you wish to run Job Automation before the scheduled time, click the play icon from within the Actions column. You can also edit or delete the rule at any time. If you wish to temporarily disable the rule, toggle OFF from within the Status column.
Each time the rule runs, the most recent time is captured in the Last Run column.