This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers.
Smartling offers six roles in the platform with different permissions:
- Account Owner: The role with the most permissions, typically manages the translation process from capture to delivery, including all account and project settings, as well as all users across all projects under the account.
- Project Manager: Manages the translation process from capture to delivery within a particular project, including settings and users. The PM needs to be given access to specific projects to be able to see and modify anything in that project. Account Owners can add Project Managers. Project Managers can add additional Project Managers to the projects they have access to.
- Agency Account Owner: An Agency Account Owner manages content and resources they are given access to.
- Translation Resource Manager (TRM): Assigns translation resources to workflow steps and languages to which they themselves have access. A Translation Resource Manager may be part of the client's project team or a translation agency. Agency Translation Resource Managers can only manage translation resources from their agency. Both can also perform work themselves.
- Translation Resource (TR): Translates, edits, or reviews content. Only has visibility into workflow steps and languages they have been given access to. When revising content, it will be categorized as either "Edit" work or "Review" work depending on how the workflow step is configured. Workflow configuration also determines if content may be available to all resources without assignment, require assignment to specific resources, or be available for claiming (self-assignment) by resources.
- Requester: Can upload files and request translations in any of the languages available in the project that they have been given access to. Monitors jobs after they have been authorized, using a limited view of the Smartling dashboard. To add Requesters, the Requester Portal feature must be enabled for your account. Contact your Smartling Customer Success Manager or Account Manager for more information.
|Account Owner||Project Manager||Agency Owner||TRM||TR||Requester|
|Clone a project||x||x|
|Archive a project||x||x|
|Rename a project||x||x|
|Create a project||x|
|Watch a project||x||x|
|Add a language||x||x|
|Disable a language||x||x|
|Add file instructions||x||x|
|Upload image context||x||x|
|Create a job||x||x||x|
|Edit due dates||x||x||x||x|
|Download job activity report||x||x|
|Close a job||x||x|
|Cost estimate for a job||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Download job files||x||x||x|
|Download job estimates||x||x||x||x|
|Manage style guide||x||x|
|Manage translation memory and leverage||x||x|
|Manage quality checks||x||x|
|Add glossary terms||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Manage linguistic packages||x||x|
|Remove users||x||x, but only PM, TR or TRM||x, but only TR and TRM|
|Manage workflow assignments for agency||x||x|
|Create API token||x||x|
|Remove content from a job||x||x|
|Move content between workflows||x||x|
|View content history||x||x||x||x||x|
|Submit content to next step||x||x||x||x||x|
|Search and filter content||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Create job automation rules||x||x|
|Edit default workflow||x||x|
|Manage Google API key||x||x|
|Words under Management||x||x|
|Translation Memory leverage||x||x|