Content Change Reports
This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers.
The Content Changes by Workflow and the Content Changes by Locale reports provide insight into how much your translated content is changing as it moves through the workflow.
The difference between the two reports is how the data is visualized.
These reports help you monitor percent change, possible changes that should be made to a workflow step, or potential quality issues for specific locales. Examples:
- If you have an internal review as part of your workflow, but content changes are low for that step, you may want to consider removing that review step. As well, if you've received quality complaints even with review in place, it could mean the reviewer is not investing enough effort in their step.
- If content changes are higher for one locale vs. others in an editing step, the translator who performed the initial translation may be providing poor quality. As well, it could also mean the editor for that locale could be making unnecessary edits.
Accessing the Reports
- To access the reports, go to Reports.
- From the drop down menu, select Content Changes by Workflow or Content Changes by Locale.
- Expand Filters and select them:
- Authorization Date: Date in which content is authorized to move to the first step in the workflow. (We filter on this because occasionally, content can pass through workflows more than once.)
- Project: The name of the project for which you'd like data.
- Workflow: The name of the workflow step for which you'd like data.
- Target Locale: The translated language for which you'd like data.
- Click Run.
Content Changes by Workflow / by Locale
In the Content Changes by Workflow Report, the data is grouped by workflow (as seen on the y-axis of the charts).
In the Content Changes by Locale Report, the data is grouped by locale (as seen on the y-axis of the charts).
Each color represents a different workflow step. Hover over the colored bar to see more info.
Data is shown by the following charts:
- % Difference in Strings Pre/Post Workflow Step
- String Counts by Workflow Step
- % of Words in Workflow Step Impacted by Changes
- Word Counts by Workflow Step
Content Changes Calculation
Data is generated based on the following:
- Using the same methodology used to calculate TM matches (Levenshtein Distance), a string leaving a workflow step is compared with the string entering the same workflow step and a % difference is calculated.
- A string can be expected to have at least 100% change in the translation workflow step (unless already translated in and moved from another workflow). Further, % changes are cumulative for every time a string is moved back into a workflow step (via rejection, for example). This % difference at a string level is then aggregated across strings for reporting, as needed, weighted by the number of words in each string.
Hover over the top right of each chart. Click the more icon and select Download Data.