Work with Quality Checks
This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers.
To manage quality check settings, you create quality check profiles, customize them if desired, and then assign them to linguistic packages so they can be applied to your content on the project level.
To learn more about individual quality check options, see Quality Check Options.
Create a Quality Check Profile
A quality check profile is a group of severity level settings for quality checks. To create one, complete the following steps.
- Do one of the following:
- In the New Experience, go to Account Settings > Linguistic Assets and then click Quality Checks.
- In the Classic Experience, go to Assets > Quality Checks.
- Click Create QC Profile.
- In the dialog that appears, enter a Profile Name and click Create.
Rename or Delete a Quality Check Profile
To rename or delete a quality check profile, click the three dots on the right side of the profile and select Edit Profile or Delete Profile.
Change Quality Check Severity
To change the quality check severities in a profile or disable some checks entirely, click the name of a profile to open it and set the desired severity for each quality check.
Alternately, leave the profile with its default severities as follows:
- Disabled – The quality check is disabled and no errors are shown to the Translator in the CAT tool.
- Low Severity – The quality check is enabled. Errors are shown in the CAT tool but do not prevent the Translator from saving and submitting work.
- Medium Severity – The quality check is enabled. Errors are shown in the CAT tool and result in a warning when saving and submitting a string. The Translator needs to fix or accept the error before saving and submitting.
- High Severity – The quality check is enabled. Errors are shown in the CAT tool and prevent the Translator from saving and submitting a string until resolved.
Add Language-specific Rules
To add language-specific rules to a quality check profile, click the name of the profile to open it and then, under the quality check you want to customize, click Add Language-Specific Setting. Select the language(s) to add a rule for and choose a severity.
It can take up to 15 minutes for changes made to quality checks to be applied in the CAT tool.