Create a Style Guide
This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers.
A style guide is a collection of rules about your preferences regarding content formatting, writing tone, and style.
To create a style guide:
- Go to Assets > Style Guides.
- Click Create Style Guide. The Create a New Style Guide dialog box will appear. Select one of the two options:
- Use a Smartling Template: Provides you with a simple question and answer form to fill out.
- Use a WYSIWYG Editor for Custom Style Guide: Opens a blank form to create a custom style guide.
- Create a name for your style guide.
- Select a source language from the drop down list.
- Click Create Style Guide.
The more information you add to your style guide, the better guidance Translators will have to produce higher quality translations. In addition, if you have any supporting documents such as company brand guidelines, writing samples, or links, you can add them to the style guide under Attachments.
Once you've completed creating your style guide, click Save Changes.
Looking for Tips to create a great Style Guide? See our Guides section