Word Count and Processed Words Reports
The Word Count Report is accessible to all user roles (Account Owners, Project Managers, Agency Account Owners, Translation Resource Managers, Translators, Editors, and Reviewers), whereas the Processed Words Report is only available to Account Owners and Project Managers.
Word count refers simply to the number of words that are transitioning between workflow steps. For example, a string of 10 words gets authorized for a 3-step workflow (translation, edit, review). Once the Translator provides the translation and submits them, they receive 10 words of Translation Credit. Once the Editor reviews the strings, and submits them, they receive 10 words of Translation Credit. The same applies for the Reviewer.
The Word Count Report shows a breakdown of completed work during a specified period of time. The report can only be generated for up to a 1-year date range. If you would like it for a greater period of time, consider generating multiple 1-year reports and combine them offline, or contact your Smartling Customer Success Manager.
Access the Word Count Report
The column headers that you will see when accessing the Word Count Report will be based on your Smartling user role.
- Log in to Smartling and select Reports > Word Count from the top navigation.
- Before running the report, you can filter by:
- Start/End Dates
- Use the Include options to add or remove fields from the report, such as:
- Translation Resource
- Job Name
- Fuzzy Match Profile
- Click Run Report (or download a CSV file).
To view a report for a specific job, see the Translation Activity Report.
- Account Owner / Project Manager: You may want to view historical translations from an account to analyze outside of Smartling to help inform a business decision.
- Agency Account Owner / Translation Resource Manager: You may want to review work that has been completed in previous months for invoicing purposes.
- Translator / Editor / Reviewer: You may want to view work that was completed during a specific time.
Processed words refers to the first time that a human Translator (or third-party provider) has interacted with the words.
The report records the daily number of words translated for the first time in a specific project, either via a Translator or third-party provider.
Strings are only counted once for each target locale. Retranslating a string which has already been counted for that locale will not cause it to be counted again. Words translated via SmartMatch or Translation Imports are not included. (However, if a string is SmartMatched, and a Translator then goes and changes a translation, it would count towards processed words.) Fuzzy Match scores do not affect the count.
If there are inaccurate published translations which are then modified, the changes will count as processed words, but no credit will be given and won’t be counted in the Word Count Report.
Note: You may notice a time difference/lag between what you see in the Processed Words Report versus the Word Count Report. For example, if a Translator translated strings on a Monday, but only submitted the strings on a Tuesday:
- The Processed Words Report will show that they were worked on, on the Monday.
- The Word Count Report will show Tuesday.
Access the Processed Words Report
- Go to Reports > Processed Words.
- Select the language(s) and date range you wish to include in the report.
- Click Create Report. To obtain an offline version of the report, click Download CSV.
The Processed Words Report is commonly used for billing purposes. For example, an Account Owner may wish to see how many processed words they had for a quarter, or a year, in order to plan for future allocations.