Add a Language
This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers.
Once you have created a project in Smartling, you can always add more languages when necessary.
Add a Language to a Project (New Experience)
- From within a project, click the gear icon on the right side and select Project Settings.
- Click Add Language to display the Add Languages dialog.
- Select a language from the list.
- Select a Default Translation Workflow.
To learn more about changing translation workflows, go to Change a default workflow.
- Select a Translation Authorization as follows:
- Authorize all active strings
- I'll decide later
- Synchronize with a language
- Click Add.
Add a Language to a Project (Classic)
- Go to Projects > Content > Summary. In the Summary view, you'll see a list of all languages that are currently part of the project.
- To add a new language to the project, click +Add Languages within the Languages section.
After you've added a new language, keep these next steps in mind:
- Make sure that you have translation resources assigned to the new language. Contact your Smartling Customer Success Manager (or your third-party translation vendor) to ensure they are ready to assign resources for a new language.
- Choose the correct default workflow for the new language.
- Assign a style guide for the new language.
- Customize the leverage configuration and SmartMatch settings for the new language as needed.
- Translate your glossary terms into the new language.
- Enter the per word or per hour rates for your new language in order to run accurate cost estimates.
- Request translations for your new language.