Configure Translation Memory Leverage
This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers.
A leverage configuration controls which completed translations are available to a given project or set of projects, and how these translations can be applied.
Create a Leverage Configuration
Account Owners and Project Managers can create a new leverage configuration.
- Do one of the following:
- In the New Experience, go to Account Settings > Linguistic Assets and click Leverage.
- In the Classic Experience, go to Assets > Leverage.
- Click Create Configuration.
- Enter a name for the new leverage configuration.
- Select a source language.
- Enter a description.
- Click Create Configuration to create the new leverage configuration or Cancel to exit.
Pick a name that will distinguish the leverage configuration from all others. This might be the type of content (general purpose, legal, etc.), a brand name (Best Soft Drink, Diet Soft Drink, etc.), or any other unique characteristic of the content.
Add a Translation Memory Source
Account Owners and Project Managers can add a translation memory, translation memory group, or translation memory exchange (TMX) file to a leverage configuration. Doing so makes completed translations from that source available to projects using the leverage configuration.
- Click Add Source.
- Select a translation memory source.
- Click Add Source to continue or Cancel to exit.
Your selection will appear in the list of translation memory sources.
- Under Language(s):
- Select All Available to make the source available for every locale for which it contains completed translations.
- Select a single locale to make the source available for only one locale.
- Under Penalty, select a percentage by which all matches against this translation memory source should be reduced. For example, selecting 1% will reduce matches to 98% from 99%, 84% from 85%, and so on.
- Click Save to add the source to the leverage configuration or X to exit.
You can make translations for one locale available for a different locale, for example, Argentinian Spanish for Chilean Spanish. See enable cross-locale leverage for more information.
Penalize a translation memory source only if you want linguists to be more cautious when re-using its translations, for example, if you distrust or are uncertain of their quality.
Penalizing a translation memory source doesn't affect SmartMatch. If you want linguists to evaluate these matches, customize SmartMatch behavior to First Revision Step or Disabled.
Customize SmartMatch Behavior
SmartMatch allows you to bypass workflow steps automatically for certain types of matches. See customize SmartMatch behavior for more information.
Prioritize Translation Memory Sources
If a leverage configuration contains more than one translation memory source, Account Owners and Project Managers can set the order in which they'll be evaluated.
To reposition a translation memory source, click and drag the order icon until the translation memory source appears in the correct place; then release your mouse.
Matches are ranked based on a number of factors, one of which is the relative priority of the translation memory source.
Remove a Translation Memory Source
Account Owners and Project Managers can remove a translation memory source from a leverage configuration.
Under Actions, click X and then Confirm to remove a translation memory source. Removing a translation memory source doesn't affect completed translations.
Rename a Leverage Configuration
Account Owners and Project Managers can rename a leverage configuration or change its description.
When viewing the list of leverage configurations, under Actions, click the pencil icon. If viewing a specific leverage configuration, click Edit Details.
Delete a Leverage Configuration
Account Owners and Project Managers can delete a leverage configuration.
If viewing the list of leverage configurations, under Actions, click the trash icon. If viewing a specific leverage configuration, click Delete. Deleting a leverage configuration doesn't affect completed translations.
If the leverage configuration is being used by one or more linguistic packages, you will be prompted to select a replacement leverage configuration before confirming deletion.