Enable Cross-Locale Leverage
This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers.
Cross-locale leverage allows you to make translations for one locale available for a different locale.
Leverage a Target for Another Locale
You can make translations for one locale available for a different locale, for example, Argentinian Spanish translations of American English source content for Chilean Spanish translations of the same source content.
- When adding a translation memory source to a leverage configuration (during step 4), select a single locale to leverage (e.g., Argentinian Spanish), and click the gear icon.
- Using the second drop down menu, select a new target locale (e.g., Chilean Spanish).
- Click Enable Configuration to continue or Cancel to exit.
- Complete steps 5 and 6 for adding a translation memory source.
- Customize SmartMatch behavior for the translation memory source, selecting First Revision Step (Edit, Review, or Holding) for each rule.
Leverage a Source for Another Locale
You can make source content available for adaptation for a different locale, for example, American English source content for British English translations.
- Create a new workflow to be used specifically for source content adaptation.
- Modify the translation step to copy the source content (e.g., American English) to the translation (e.g., British English).
- Add a revision step with primary action "edit."
- Assign the appropriate resources to the revision step.