You can create a new Glossary in the Dashboard or by importing a file.
If you prefer watching to reading, check out our Video Tutorial on Glossary Import & Export.
Create a Glossary in the Dashboard
- Go to Account Settings (click your account name) > Linguistic Assets
- Under Assets, click Glossaries
- Click Create Glossary
The Create New Glossary dialog appears
- Enter a name for the glossary
- (Optional) Add a Description
- Select all languages you want to include in your Glossary
- When 2 or more languages are selected, you have the option to add a Fallback Language
- Select Glossary Custom Fields from the dropdown list
- Click Create
Your glossary will appear in the list of available glossaries.
Assign a Glossary to a Linguistic Package
Now that you have added your Glossary to Smartling, you can assign it to one or more Linguistic Packages.
- Go to Account Settings > Linguistic Assets.
- Under Actions, click the pencil icon to edit the package that you want to add the glossary to.
The Edit Linguistic Package dialog appears.
- Click Required Assets.
- In the Glossaries field, type the name of the glossary.
- Click Save Changes.