Add a Language
This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers.
Once you have created a project in Smartling, you can always add more languages at a later time.
To add a language to a project:
- Go to Projects > Content > Summary. In the Summary view, you'll see a list of all languages that are currently part of the project.
- To add a new language to the project, click +Add Languages within the Languages section.
After you've added a new language, keep these next steps in mind:
- Make sure that you have translation resources assigned to the new language. Contact your Smartling Customer Success Manager (or your third-party translation vendor) to ensure they are ready to assign resources for a new language.
- Choose the correct default workflow for the new language.
- Assign a style guide for the new language.
- Customize the leverage configuration and SmartMatch settings for the new language as needed.
- Translate your glossary terms into the new language.
- Enter the per word or per hour rates for your new language in order to run accurate cost estimates.
- Request translations for your new language.