Ask a Question
This article is for Translators, Editors, and Reviewers.
The Issues feature allow platform users to communicate about original source content or translations directly in the Smartling platform.
Ask a Question
- From within the CAT tool, click on the relevant string.
- Click Open New Issue in the Issue panel on the right side of the CAT tool.
- Select Source/Translation to indicate where the issue appears.
- Describe your issue or question in the text box.
- Click Open this issue to open your issue or Cancel to exit.
Markdown format links are supported in Issue text. Place link text in square brackets followed immediately by the URL in parenthesis [Link Text](http:/www.link-url.com)
Issues can also be opened from the In Progress queue by clicking the drop down arrow next to a string, and selecting Issues.
- Question/Clarification: Question about the source content (e.g. what is a "Smart Inbox").
- Typo/Misspelling: Mistake in the source content (i.e. were vs. where).
- Review Translation: Translation requires rework.
- Doesn't Fit Space: Best translation does not fit the space allotted in the asset design.
- Placeholder Issue: Placeholder balancing or ordering is incorrect.
- Poor Translation: Translation does not meet tone, brand, or quality guidelines.
Examples of issue subtypes (source/translation) include:
- Doesn't Fit Space
- Placeholder Issue
- Poor Translation
- Review Translation
Subtypes can be customized for the account. Your Account Owner or Project Manager can contact a Smartling Customer Success Manager to request custom subtypes. They are specific to either source or translation type.
Reply to a Comment
If notifications are enabled, you'll receive an email when an issue is opened or commented on. Click the link in the email to go directly to the open issue where you can add a comment and/or close the issue if your question is answered.
Strings that are flagged with issues will have a red vertical bar on the left side of the string. To view and respond to an issue:
- Go to Content > Translations. The number of open issues will be displayed in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click on Translation issues or Source issues to filter on strings with open issues.
- Hover over a string and click View Issue.
- Click on the Issue text to expose the comment field.
- Enter your comment and click Comment to reply or Comment & Close to reply and close the ticket in one action.
You can also reply to issues in the CAT tool by clicking on Issues in the side panel.
Close an Issue
Though all issue participants can close an issue, we recommend that the user that opened an issue is the one to close the issue once their question has been answered.
|Source String Issue||Translation Issue|
|Agency Account Owner||
|Translation Resource / Translation Resource Manager||
|Account Owner /