Request Translations Using the Contentful Connector
This article is for Account Owners.
Once the Contentful Connector has been set up, you will be able to manage the translation process. From the Contentful Content tab, you will be able to request (and authorize) translations and track progress. The following steps are done within Smartling.
Follow these steps to request (and authorize) translations into a workflow for translation.
- Login to Smartling.
- Go to Projects (select your Contentful project) > Contentful.
- Click Login to Contentful. See this article if you need more information about logging in.
- Select your project space from the drop down menu.
- The content that needs to be translated is also referred to as "assets". Select the assets and click Request Translation.
- Choose your target languages and click Request Translation.
Requesting translations automatically authorizes your content.
Track Overall Progress
To track the over all progress of your translations using the Contentful Connector:
- Go to Contentful > Contentful Content.
- Click on the asset to see the percentage of work completed for each language.
Track Progress by String
To track the progress of your translations using the Contentful Connector, by string:
- Go to Content > Translations.
- Near the top of the page, make sure that the In Progress view is selected for the desired language.
If you need to add languages to your Contentful Connector project, go to Projects > Content > Summary and click +Add Languages within the Languages section.
Within the Contentful Connector, you can filter content by:
- Contentful Project
- Contentful Model Type
- Contentful Connector Status
- New: The asset import was requested, but not yet imported. Assets only stay in this state for seconds, however, this can be slightly longer if you have submitted thousands of assets.
- In Progress: This refers to the content for which you requested translation.
- Failed: This status will appear if the connector failed with a recoverable error that requires the user intervention. You can mouseover "Failed" to reveal a tooltip about the error.
- Example of a Failed status: Translations in Smartling were completed, but the content in Contentful was deleted, and therefore, the translated content was not able to pushed back to Contentful.
- Completed: This refers to content that has been translated.
- Using the search field