Request Translations Using the Contentful Connector
This article is for Account Owners.
Once the Contentful Connector has been set up, you will be able to manage the translation process. From the Contentful Content tab, you will be able to request (and authorize) translations and track progress. For each Contentful entry listed within the Contentful tab, you'll find an App Link that will take you directly to the entry in your Contentful account.
Request Translations (New Experience)
To request content for translation:
- In your Contentful project, click the Contentful tab.
- Under Contentful Space, select your project space.
- Select the assets that you want to translate.
- Click Actions and select Request Translation.
- Enter a Job name and select the Languages to translate to.
- Select either Just the selected items or Also request translation of all related items. For more information, see the links guide.
- Click Save Job and Continue and Authorize Job
Request Translations (Classic)
Follow these steps to request (and authorize) translations into a workflow for translation.
- Go to Projects (select your Contentful project) > Contentful.
- Click Login to Contentful. See this article if you need more information about logging in.
- Select your project space from the drop down menu.
- The content that needs to be translated is also referred to as "assets". Select the assets and click Request Translation.
- Choose your target languages and select either: Translate just selected entries or Also translate other, related entries. Read the links guide to learn more about linked entries.
- Click Request Translation. Requesting translations automatically authorizes your content.
Bulk Actions and Select All
All actions are now "bulk" actions and will apply to all selected assets. You must make a selection before you can take any action. You can also take an action on all the items in a result set without navigating to all the result pages.
To perform an action on the entire result set:
- Select the top checkbox that is in the table's header row.
- Choose the Select all matching current filter option that appears after you have selected all on the page.
When using the bulk actions feature to Request Translations, you can choose to create a new job or added the selected assets to an existing job (as seen above).
Once you click Next, you will get confirmation that your job request is being processed.
The number of bulk job requests processed will be seen on the top right of the page. You can check the status of the Job Request by clicking the number icon.
This will open the Recent Job Processes dialog where you can view the details and status of each bulk Job Request taken. You can cancel any incomplete Job Requests by clicking the 3 dots under Actions > Stop Process
View Asset Details (New Experience)
From the Contentful tab, click any asset name to view its details. If the asset has linked entries, you'll be able to view them under Linked Entries.
View Asset Details (Classic)
Within Contentful Content, click on any asset to view its details. From the details page of the asset, you'll be able to view the linked entries for that asset.
Track Overall Progress
To track the overall progress of your translations using the Contentful Connector:
- Do one of the following:
- In the New Experience, from your project, click the Contentful tab.
- In the Classic Experience, go to Contentful > Contentful Content.
- Click an asset to see the percentage of work completed for each language.
Track Progress by String (New Experience)
- In your project, click the Strings tab.
- On the left side, under Status, select In Progress.
Track Progress by String (Classic)
To track the progress of your translations using the Contentful Connector, by string:
- Go to Content > Translations.
- Near the top of the page, make sure that the In Progress view is selected for the desired language.
If you need to add languages to your Contentful Connector project, go to Projects > Content > Summary and click +Add Languages within the Languages section.
Within the Contentful Connector, you can filter content by:
- Contentful Project
- Contentful Model Type
- Contentful Connector Status
- New: The asset import was requested, but not yet imported. Assets only stay in this state for seconds, however, this can be slightly longer if you have submitted thousands of assets.
- In Progress: This refers to the content for which you requested translation.
- Failed: This status will appear if the connector failed with a recoverable error that requires the user intervention. You can mouseover "Failed" to reveal a tooltip about the error.
- Example of a Failed status: Translations in Smartling were completed, but the content in Contentful was deleted, and therefore, the translated content was not able to pushed back to Contentful.
- Completed: This refers to content that has been translated.
- Using the search field