The Context Dashboard is available for Account Owners and Project Managers who have access to our new user experience.
The Context Dashboard is a list of all Visual Context files that have been ingested into Smartling. From here, you can view, upload and manage all context files within a Project.
Accessing the Context Dashboard
Go to a Project and click on the Context tab
Context Dashboard Layout
The Context Dashboard contains the following columns:
- Thumbnail: A thumbnail image of the context file
- Name/URL: The name or URL of the context file/page
- Type: The context type
- Source: How the context file was ingested into Smartling
- Strings: The number of strings bound with context
- Created: The timestamp of when the context file was ingested in Smartling
- View Context: opens the Context Details dialog, where you can view the context as it appears in the CAT Tool.
- Replace Context: deletes the context file and allows you to immediately upload a new context file.
- Delete Context: deletes the context file and removes any string association
- Copy Context UID: copies the context UID required for API integration or to assist with a support issue.
- View Resources: opens the resource dialog where you can view all HTML context resources
You can select multiple context files and bulk-delete by clicking the blue Actions button > Delete Selected Contexts
Search & Filters
- Title/URL: Insert a context file name or URL
- Type: Select a type from the dropdown menu of HTML, Image, or Video
- Source: Select from the dropdown menu of how the context file was ingested into Smartling. Options include:
- Associated Strings: Filter for context files that have or don't have bound strings
- String hashcode: Insert a string hashcode to locate a context file bound to that string
- String hashcodes can be found in the String Details
- Missing Resources: Filter for context files that have or don't have missing resources
- Created After Date: Filter for context files that were uploaded after a specified date
- Created Before Date: Filter for context files that were uploaded before a specified date
Visual Context can be manually uploaded to Smartling by a simple drag & drop, or by clicking the blue Upload Context button.
Image context can be manually uploaded and strings can be manually bound to the context by clicking the Image Context button.