Add File or String Instructions
This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers.
File and string instructions enable you to provide your Translators with additional helpful information about the content they are translating.
Add String Instructions for Translators
You can add Translator instructions to individual strings.
- Go to Content > Translations.
- Use the search filters to find the strings you want.
- Select the specific strings by using the checkboxes.
- Click the Actions drop down menu and select Add Translator Instructions.
- In the New Instruction text box, enter the instructions.
- Click Save.
Add File Instructions for Translators
You can add Translator instructions to files, which automatically adds the instructions to all translatable strings in the file.
- Go to Content > Files.
- Use the search filters to find the file you want.
- At the right of the file entry, click the more icon and select Add File Instructions.
- In the Add File Instructions dialog box, enter the instructions and/or attach a file, such as a PDF.
Instructions are visible to Translators from these two places:
- The Additional Details section of the CAT tool.
- Content > Translations then clicking the drop down menu and selecting View Instructions.
Strings or Files with instructions display the the 'i' icon next to them. You can click the icon to view or edit the instruction.