Pseudo Translation is the simulation of translations, which allows you to view the resemblance of the translated content and make strategic decisions on layout and sizing requirements. Pseudo Translations take the original strings and changes the formation of the characters to increase or decrease the length of each string, in an attempt to replicate the fact that some locales typically require more characters than others.
Pseudo Translation is particularly useful for visualizing the impact that translation will have on design and layout, without having to wait for the translation to be completed. With the AEM Touch Connector, Pseudo Translation is a great way to quickly validate your AEM configuration to ensure your content has been set up with correct translation rules.
With the Smartling Pseudo content download manager, you can configure a locale to view properties in pseudo translation.
How to Configure Pseudo Translations
- In the OSGi configuration, go to the Smartling Pseudo content download manager (Touch)
- In the Pseudo deliver Smartling Locales fields, insert the target language code you want to view in pseudo
- Choose to automatically remove file after delivery (optional, selected by default)
- Choose to cancel job files after delivery (optional, selected by default)
- Click Save
How to View Pseudo Translations
- When you're ready to view the site in pseudo translation, simply follow steps to Request Translations via the AEM Connector.
- Pseudo translation will be delivered instantly - in 10 to 15 seconds, depending on performance of an environment.
- Only the target locale configured in step 2 will be displayed in pseudo, however the results will confirm the outcome for all languages.
- The pseudo translations represent the content fields that have been correctly set up with translation rules.
- Any visible source content represents the content fields that have not been correctly set up with translation rules.
- This will also be true for all other language translations.