Figma Plugin Installation and Setup
This article is for Figma users, Account Owners and Project Managers.
Within Figma, you can send and receive translations performed within Smartling. The integration is intended to allow organizations to start translation earlier in the Software Development process. Rather than waiting for Development to complete, users can now perform automated translations prior to Development beginning.
Create a Files Project
To get started, you need to create a new Smartling project, please use the Files type for the project as there is not a specific Project type for Figma. See here for more instructions on how to Create a Project.
Download and Connect the Smartling Figma Plugin
- Launch Figma
- Navigate to Plugins
- Search for Smartling and locate the plugin
- Install the plugin
- Once you've installed the plugin, you'll need to connect it to your Smartling account:
- 1st – Open a new or existing Figma file. In the Figma menu, hover over the Plugins option, it will expand and allow you to select from your installed Plugins. Hover over Smartling and notice all of the translation features available.
- 2nd – Select the Smartling Account option
- 3rd – The Smartling Account section will prompt you in a browser to authenticate with Smartling. Be sure to sign in with your Smartling credentials. When finished, you select the Smartling Project that will contain all new jobs coming from Figma. This will be supplied by your Localization Team.
Now you're completely configured and ready to begin translating!