The Smartling Eloqua connector allows you to translate Eloqua content with visual context. Translations are requested from within Eloqua, and translated content is automatically sent back to your Eloqua instance.
The Eloqua Connector supports translation of the following content types:
- Landing Pages
- Dynamic Content
Create a Dedicated Eloqua Account
We recommend that you create a dedicated Eloqua account to integrate with Smartling, such as
Using a dedicated user account helps prevent confusion with content added via the connector versus content created by a regular user.
It also prevents disruptions to your integration if the original user account becomes deactivated for any reason, and you have to change the connected credentials.
This is not a prerequisite to translating with the Eloqua Connector, but our recommendation.
To link your Eloqua account to Smartling, complete all sections below.
Connecting Eloqua to Smartling
- Create an Eloqua Connector project type in your Smartling account
- Ensure all required target languages are added to the project
- From within this project, click Project Settings > Eloqua Settings
- Authorize Smartling to access your Eloqua account by clicking the Login to Eloqua button
- On the next screen, click Login to proceed
- Enter your Eloqua login details and click Sign In
- If you create a dedicated user account, you should use that user's credentials to log in
Your Eloqua instance will now be connected to your Smartling project.
Configure Eloqua Connector
Changed Content Behavior
You can configure the behavior of the connector when your source content changes:
- From within your Smartling Eloqua Project, click on Project Settings > Eloqua Settings
- Configure which contact fields the connector will use when creating dynamic content rules by selecting your desired contact field
- Click the Automation of Prior Request for Translation dropdown to select your desired behavior.
- Click Save
Automation of Prior Request for Translation
- Auto: The Eloqua Connector will detect changes to source content every 3 hours. Any changes detected to the source content will be submitted to Smartling for translation, batched into a job and sit in awaiting authorization. Smartling will not detect net new content, only updates to content that have been submitted for translation in the past.
- Manual: The Eloqua Connector will detect changes to source content every 3 hours, but will not submit new content for translation.
- Disabled: The Eloqua Connector will not detect changes to source content or automatically submit new changes.
3 hours is the recommended shortest time duration between checks. Talk to your Solutions Architect about changing the frequency to longer wave periods using cron.
Choose the languages you want to translate your Eloqua content to:
- From within this project, click Project Settings > Eloqua
- Use the checkbox to select the languages you wish to translate to
- If a desire language is missing, add the language to your Smartling project
Tip: If you add a new language to your Smartling project, ensure to map it accordingly to in your Connector configuration
Talk to your Customer Success Manager or Solutions Architect about options on auto-authorization and translation retrieval.
Change an Eloqua User
To change the credentials Smartling uses to access your Eloqua account:
- From within your Eloqua Project, click on Project Settings > Eloqua Settings.
- Click Disconnect from Eloqua.
- Click Connect to Eloqua.
- Login with a new set of credentials.
Ready to start translating Eloqua content? Learn how in our Eloqua Translation Guide.