Smartling’s Marketo Connector currently ingests all assets and related assets within the following Marketo content types, including Dynamic Content where it is supported
- Emails (template and detached)
- Landing pages
Once the Marketo Connector has been connected and set up, you will find Marketo content in the Marketo tab in your Smartling project. Here, you will be able to manage the translation process, and send content for translation.
Translations are initiated from within the Marketo tab, translated within Smartling, and translated content is automatically sent to your Marketo instance.
For each Marketo entry listed within the Marketo tab, you will find an App Link that will take you directly to the entry in your Marketo account.
There are two ways in which you can Request Translation;
2) Asset Details: Click the information icon of an asset > Request Translation. This option allows you to request translation for only that individual asset.
Both options will open the Request Translation wizard.
The Request Translation two-step wizard will appear for you to enter the Job details. You can choose to create a New Job or add the asset to an Existing Job.
- Insert the Job Name - the title for the translation task in Smartling.
- Ensure the asset selection is correct. Click the X to remove any asset listed.
- Insert a description for the linguists, if desired.
- Select the Target Languages.
- Click Save Job and Continue to create the Job in Smartling.
The next step will display the Job Processing. Once the processing is complete, the Authorize Job button will activate by turning blue. Click Authorize Job to set a Job Due Date, choose the workflow and submit the asset(s) for translation.
Bulk Actions and Select All
To perform an action on the entire result set:
- Select the top checkbox that is in the table's header row.
- Choose the Select all matching current filter option that appears after you have selected all on the page.
Track Translation Progress of each Asset per Language
You can track the translation progress of each asset per language on the Marketo Progress page.
- Go to your Marketo project in Smartling.
- Click the Gear icon > Marketo Progress
Sending Translations to Marketo
As translations are completed, they are automatically sent to your Marketo instance. Files that have never been translated in Smartling before are delivered back as soon as the file has been translated in Smartling.
You can always get the translation to Marketo manually as well. To perform a manual export of translated content from Smartling to Marketo:
- From your Marketo project, click the Marketo tab
- Select the translated assets to download (Bulk-Select and Export is supported)
- Click Actions and select Export Translation
You can find your translated content in your Marketo instance. The locale code will be appended to the translated asset.
The original source asset must be available in the same location from where the translation was requested for the connector to successfully create the translated version in your Marketo instance.