As an Agency Account Owner or Translation Resource Manager, it is your responsibility to add your team of translators to Smartling and assign them to workflow tasks in your client accounts.
Adding Translators/Editors gives them access to translate or edit content for the workflow steps they've been assigned.
Note: If you intend on re-adding a previously deleted user email address to Smartling, contact your Smartling Representative to re-activate the deleted email address.
Contact a Smartling Representative about giving users two roles.
Add a Linguist
Step 1: Invite them to Smartling
- From the Projects dropdown in the top navigation, click into one of the available projects.
- Click Team > Users.
- Click Add User.
- Click on the appropriate user role and enter the email address of the new user.
- Click Confirm.
Step 2: Assign them to workflow step tasks
Immediately after adding the user to the account, you must assign the linguists their languages and workflow step tasks. The linguists invitation email will not be sent until this step is complete.
- Click Add Assignment.
- Select a language they should be assigned to, a workflow, and a step.
- Click Add Assignment. Add more workflow assignments if the user needs access to multiple workflows or steps.
- Click Save Changes or Cancel to exit.
An invitation email will then be sent to the linguist once you've added the user to a workflow assignment. If they've already registered with Smartling, they will be invited to work on the specific account.
If you need to give the same linguists access to two accounts for two different functions (i.e. to translate in one and project manage in another), read our documentation on giving users two roles for two accounts.