Translating with the Episerver Connector
To access Episerver content in Smartling, go to your Episerver protect and click the Episerver tab to enter the Asset List.
From the Asset List, you can manage the translation process by sending Episerver content for translation and by exporting translated content back to Episerver.
For content types with a hierarchy structure, Smartling will grab all assets two-levels deep in that structure. If the content type contains a deeper hierarchy, ensure to navigate through the assets to reach the required asset.
From the Asset List, there are two ways in which you can Request Translation;
1) Select the asset > Actions > Request Translation. This option also allows you the bulk-select a number of assets for translation.
2) Click the information icon of an asset > Request Translation. This option creates a translation Job for the asset, individually.
Both options will open the Request Translation wizard.
The Request Translation two-step wizard will appear for you to enter the job details. You can choose to create a New Job or add the asset to an Existing Job.
- Insert the Job Name - the title for the translation task in Smartling
- Ensure the asset selection is correct. Click the X to remove any asset listed
- Choose to Include Related Assets - a block asset contained within the selected asset. This includes related assets two-levels deep
- Choose to Include Child Assets - a nested asset
- Insert a description for the linguists, if desired
- Select the Target Languages
- Click Save Job and Continue to create the Job in Smartling
The next step will display the Job Processing. Once the processing is complete, the Authorize Job button will activate by turning blue.
Click Authorize to set a Job Due Date and choose the workflow for the translation task.
By default, Episerver content that is translated in Smartling will automatically be sent back to Episerver. However, if you prefer, you can configure this behavior in your Episerver project settings.
At any time, you can also manually export all translations back to Episerver.
- Log in to Smartling.
- Go to your Episerver Project > Episerver tab
- Select the asset(s) for which you wish to export > Actions > Export Translations
Alternatively, you can click Information Icon beside the asset name to open the Asset Details page and click Export or Export All (if there is more than language).
Bulk Actions and Select All
All actions are now "bulk" actions as any selection to an asset will apply two-levels deep in the nesting structure. You must make a selection before you can take any action. You can also take an action on all of the items in a result set without navigating to all of the result pages.
If you have 50 assets or more in any given content type, you can perform a bulk selection to commence a mass translation process. To perform an action on the entire result set:
- Select the top checkbox that is in the table's header row.
- Choose the Select all matching current filter option that appears after you have selected all on the page.