The Episerver Connector supports translation of localizable content in projects, blocks, CMS, and Commerce content. Translations are requested from within the Smartling platform, and translated content is automatically sent to your Episerver instance.
This article will walk you through the following:
- Finding Content for Translation
- How to Request Translation
- How to bulk-select
- How to manually export translations back to Episerver
- Handling Updates to Episerver Content
Finding Content for Translation
Once you have connected your Episerver account, you will find Episerver content in the Episerver tab in your Smartling project (New Experience), or from within Translate Content, under Episerver in your Smartling Episerver Project (Classic).
From the Asset List, you can manage the translation process by sending Episerver content for translation and by exporting translated content back to Episerver.
Use the Content Type filter to choose which content to translate.
For content types with a hierarchy structure, Smartling will grab all assets one-level deep in that structure. If the content type contains a deeper hierarchy, ensure to navigate through the assets to reach the required asset.
There are two ways in which you can Request Translation;
From the Asset List, there are two ways in which you can Request Translation;
1) Select the asset > Actions > Request Translation. This option also allows you the bulk-select a number of assets for translation.
2) Click the information icon of an asset > Request Translation. This option creates a translation Job for the asset, individually.
Both options will open the Request Translation wizard.
The Request Translation two-step wizard will appear for you to enter the job details. You can choose to create a New Job or add the asset to an Existing Job.
- Insert the Job Name - the title for the translation task in Smartling
- Ensure the asset selection is correct. Click the X to remove any asset listed
- Choose to Include Related Assets - a block asset contained within the selected asset. This includes related assets one-level deep
- Choose to Include Child Assets - a nested asset
- Insert a description for the linguists, if desired
- Select the Target Languages
- Click Save Job and Continue to create the Job in Smartling
The next step will display the Job Processing. Once the processing is complete, the Authorize Job button will activate by turning blue.
Click Authorize to set a Job Due Date and choose the workflow for the translation task.
Bulk Actions and Select All
All actions are now "bulk" actions as any selection to an asset will apply two-levels deep in the nesting structure. You must make a selection before you can take any action. You can also take an action on all of the items in a result set without navigating to all of the result pages.
If you have 50 assets or more in any given content type, you can perform a bulk selection to commence a mass translation process. To perform an action on the entire result set:
- Select the top checkbox that is in the table's header row.
- Choose the Select all matching current filter option that appears after you have selected all on the page.
By default, Episerver content that is translated in Smartling will automatically be sent back to Episerver. However, if you prefer, you can configure this behavior in your Episerver project settings.
At any time, you can also manually export all translations back to Episerver.
- Log in to Smartling.
- Go to your Episerver Project > Episerver tab
- Select the asset(s) for which you wish to export > Actions > Export Translations
Alternatively, you can click Information Icon beside the asset name to open the Asset Details page and click Export or Export All (if there is more than language).
Handling Updates to Episerver Content
How your Episerver Connector handles changes made to your source content in Episerver is configured under changed content behavior within your Episerver project settings
Talk to your Customer Success Manager or Solutions Architect about configuration options regarding how your Episerver Connector retrieves translated content from Smartling.