Manage Issues Via Slack
This article is to help Account Owners and Project Managers set up their Slack integration. Once it's configured, it can be used by anyone in your team.
Smartling's Slack app sends Smartling Issues notifications to a Slack channel, and enables you to take action on Issues (Resolve, Add Comment, Mark Answered) through Slack. Both translation and source Issues are sent, giving you full visibility over any communication on original source content or translations in Slack.
The main benefits of using the Slack integration:
- You don't have to be within the Smartling dashboard to address an issue.
- Anyone in your organization with access to Slack can Resolve, Comment, or Mark Answered from within Slack. This is useful if someone in your team doesn't have a Smartling account.
Add Slack Configuration
Before authenticating Smartling with Slack, create the Slack channels that you'd like the integration to post to.
To access the configuration page:
- Do one of the following:
- In the New Experience, click Account Settings and select API. Then, click Slack Integration Configuration Page on the bottom area.
- In the Classic Experience, click Account via the dropdown at the top right of the navigation bar and then click Configure Slack Integration on the bottom left.
- Click Add Slack configuration.
- Select your Slack channel and click Authorize.
- You'll then see your channel's name, a drop-down list of projects, and a drop-down list of languages corresponding to each Slack channel. Select your project(s) and language(s). This will automatically save and start sending new issues to your Slack channel.
If no projects or languages are specified, issues from all projects and languages will be sent to that channel. If you leave it as "Select Projects...", all issues from all projects will be sent to the channel. In the Languages drop down menu, "Source" is one of your options. (A common use case is creating a channel and only selecting the source language.)
Some examples of how this integration could be used:
- Send French issues from all projects to a French Slack channel.
- Send all issues from a certain project to a specific Slack channel.
- Send all source issues from all projects to a specific Slack channel.
Manage Issues in Slack
When a new issue is created, a message will be created in the configured Slack channel.
If a new comment is added, the Slack channel will create another message showing the most recent comment.
If an issue is resolved, a comment will be created in the Slack channel indicating that the issue was resolved.
Add Another Slack Configuration
To add another Slack channel to the configuration, click Add Slack configuration. To remove a configuration, click the more button and select Remove.