Drupal 8/9 TMGMT Supported Source Languages
In Drupal 8/9, we use the TMGMT module as our base for translation integration. Therefore, the behavior is the same as TMGMT. By default (strongly recommended), you can only have one source language for a site, which should be the site’s default language.
There is a workaround in case you need something different, however, it's better if you can avoid doing this:
- Choose the "Cart" option in TMGMT from where you select a source language for a Job.
- Create new instances of Smartling provider from the Providers tab. One provider for one source language.
- Get new credentials for the project from the Smartling Dashboard. You would need new credentials for each source language.
- Configure each new provider with proper credentials.
- When submitting the content, be careful not to confuse which Smartling provider to use for this translation.
- Develop your translation plan, as you may get tree-like translation dependencies that are difficult to manage.