AEM Classic Connector Content Locking
In most use cases, the source or original content of a site is then translated into one or more languages, with the original content remaining in sync with the translated versions.
However, there might be some exceptional cases where portions of a translated version need to differ from the original content. In this type of scenario, you can manually lock specific sections of content in your translated version so that any additional changes made to the original content won't affect the portions of content that have been locked on the translated versions.
The procedures below are for those exceptional cases where you may want your translated content to differ from its original.
This feature only works in the Classic Connector using the "Touch" user interface (not to be confused with the Touch Connector).
By default, the locking feature is disabled. Consult the Configuration section below to enable the feature.
- Log in to the Adobe Experience Manager to access the Adobe Experience Manager Web Console Configuration.
- Once you've logged in, to enable the content locking feature, go to Adobe Experience Manager Web Console Configuration and run a search (command + F) to find Smartling - Download Flow (Experimental) as seen below.
In above screenshot, the check mark shows that the setting has been changed from its default.
- Click the Edit button.
- Make sure that the Automatically Protect Language Copy Changes is enabled, then click Save.
Edit, Lock, and Unlock Content
- In the following example, original content was translated into French, and French content is now being modified. Click the Edit button.
- Modify the content in a component, then click the check mark to save your changes.
- Refresh your page. You'll now see that there's a lock on the content that you previously modified. Wherever there is a lock, if content in the original version gets modified, it won't affect the content in the translated versions.
- To manually unlock content, click the lock icon and select the "unlock" icon.