Connect a Salesforce Marketing Cloud Account
This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers.
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud connector allows you to translate Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) Emails in Smartling. Translations are requested from within the Smartling platform, and translated content is automatically sent to your SFMC instance.
The connector supports translation of email and content builder email content.
To link your Salesforce Marketing Cloud account, complete all sections below.
Create an API integration in SFMC
Follow Salesforce’s instructions for creating an API integration.
We’ve summarized the instructions below:
- Navigate to the app center and login or create an account.
- Select Create New App, then API Integration.
- Select a unique name and package. (This doesn’t matter for Smartling.)
- Click the Link to Account button and set it up with your SFMC account.
- Now you should be in the Data Access tab. Under Channels Email, enable Read/Send/Write.
- After you’ve created the app, click on it.
You should see the details page with Client ID, Client Secret, and other details. You will need these details for the next step.
Setup Smartling SFMC Connector
- Create a SFMC Project type in your Smartling account.
- From within this project, click Project Settings > Salesforce Marketing Cloud Settings.
- In the Settings section, input the following:
- Client ID: From SFMC API integration setup
- Client Secret:From SFMC API integration setup
- Custom placeholder (regular expression): Content matching this regular expression will not be editable by translators
- Resubmit Changed Content: Select your desired changed content behavior from the drop down.
- Click Save.
Changed Content behaviors
- Auto: Detect changes to source content every 3-hours, and submit the new content for translations. The connector will not detect net new emails, only updates to emails that have been submitted for translation in the past.
- Manual: Detect changes to source content every 3-hours, and will not submit new content for translation.
- Disabled: Do not detect changes.
Ready to begin translating SFMC Content? Learn how in our Salesforce Marketing Cloud translation guide.