Enable Cross-Locale Leverage
This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers.
Cross-locale leverage allows you to make translations for one locale available for a different, but typically similar, locale.
Leverage a Target for Another Locale
You can make translations for one locale available for a different locale, for example, Argentinian Spanish translations of American English source content for Chilean Spanish translations of the same source content.
- Go to Linguistic Assets
- Select a Linguist Package
- Click the name of your Leverage Configuration
- Click Add Source.
- Select a translation memory source.
- Click Add Source to continue or Cancel to exit.
- Under Language(s) select a single locale to leverage (e.g., Argentinian Spanish), and click the gear icon.
- Using the second drop-down menu, select a new target locale (e.g., Chilean Spanish).
- Click Enable Configuration to continue or Cancel to exit.
- Under Penalty:
- Select or type a percentage by which all matches against this translation memory source should be reduced. For example, selecting 1% will reduce matches to 98% from 99%, 84% from 85%, and so on.
- Click Save to add the source to the leverage configuration or X to exit.
- Customize SmartMatch behavior for the translation memory source, selecting First Revision Step (Edit, Review, or Holding) for each rule if you want linguists to evaluate matches.
Leverage for Adaptation
You can make source content available for adaptation for a different locale, for example, English US source content for English UK translations.
- Create a new workflow to be used specifically for source content adaptation.
- Modify the translation step to copy the source content (e.g., American English) to the translation (e.g., British English).
- Add a revision step with primary action "edit."
- Assign the appropriate resources to the revision step.