Once your content has been submitted to Smartling, you can monitor the translation progress and apply completed translations to Photoshop from Smartling from the Translation Status page.
Alternatively, a Smartling user can download the translated files from Smartling and manually import them into Photoshop.
Accessing Content's Translation Status
- Launch Photoshop Desktop App
- Open the Photoshop file that you submitted for translation
- Click Plugins > Smartling > Translation Status. Here, you will see status details including:
- The submitted file name
- The date the content was submitted to Smartling for translation
- The date the Job is due
- The Job name hyperlinked to bring you directly to the Job in Smartling
- If the file has been translated into a language, it will be marked as "Completed" and already selected - ready for you to open in Photoshop by clicking Apply Translations.
Translation Status Actions
- Click Cancel Translations to remove the file from Smartling. The Job will still exist, but no content will be available to translate (pictured below). This allows you to submit another page for translation under the existing Job.
- Click Apply Translations when the language is complete to retrieve the translations from Smartling to Photoshop.
The percentage beside the target language indicates how many strings have reached the final step in Smartling - published. Ideally, you should wait until the Translation Status indicated that each language is Completed, and all translations are published in Smartling before applying translations in Photoshop.
If you apply the translations before the language is completed, you may find some strings in your Photoshop page untranslated.
Each time you apply translations, a new tab is opened in Photoshop for each language. The tab name is titled with a unique ID and a translation of the original title in the target locale applied.
To Apply Translations from Smartling to Photoshop
- Under Pages, click the page you submitted for translation
- Click Plugins > Smartling > Translation Status
- Select the target language you want to apply to your Photoshop page (which should be completed)
- Click Apply Translations
- A translated copy of the design page will be created a new tab in Photoshop.