Submit Translations to Smartling
This article is for Figma users, Account Owners and Project Managers.
In Smartling, translation works through jobs, with which you can group and prioritize content for translation, as well as monitor progress. That means that all content coming from Figma will be placed into a new job in the Smartling platform.
To submit your Figma content into a Smartling job, you'll need to use the Submit Translation option within the Smartling Figma plugin. Here is everything you need to do in order to submit your translation successfully:
- Launch Figma Desktop App
- Open Figma prototype
- Navigate to Plugins -> Smartling -> Submit Translations
- Now select which pages you'd like to translate, select Next
- Once you've selected the pages, you'll need to identify which frames/strings you'd like to translate. The frames/strings are organized by the page they belong to. Simply select the checkbox to enable and de-select the checkbox to disable for translation as seen below:
- Once you've identified the frames/strings that you'd like to translate, select the Next button
- You'll now need to fill out some information to create your job. Select Create a new Job, specify your due date and leave some special instructions for the translation team if you'd like. You can also decide to Pre-authorize these jobs for translation if your translation team requests you to do so. Lastly, select which languages you'd like to translation into, if a language is missing, please contact your translation team and ask them to add the desired language onto your Smartling project. Now you'll hit Next and your Smartling job will be created and delivered to the translation team.
Next, you'll need to check the translation status and download the translations. Check out our article on Applying Translations in Figma.