Connect Salesforce Knowledge Base to Smartling
This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers.
With the Salesforce Knowledge connector, you can translate Salesforce Knowledge Base articles in Smartling and upload translated content back into Salesforce. The connector supports both Salesforce Lightning and Salesforce Classic.
Create a Salesforce Knowledge Base Project
To get started, you need to create a new Smartling project for Salesforce Knowledge Base.
To do so, obtain the Smartling software package from your Customer Success Manager and install it for all users on your computer. Then, create a Salesforce Knowledge project by following the instructions to Create a Project.
Connect to Salesforce Knowledge Base
- Go to the gear icon > Project Settings > Salesforce Knowledge Settings.
- Click Connect to Salesforce Knowledge.
- Sign in to Salesforce when prompted.
- In Smartling, on the screen that appears, under “How do you want Smartling to handle changes to the source content for items that you have previously requested to be translated?” choose one of the following:
- Auto – Detect changes to source content every 24 hours by default and submit new content for translation. The connector will not detect new content, only updates.
- Manual – Detect changes to source content every 24 hours by default, but do not submit it for translation.
- Disabled – Do not detect changes.
- On the screen that appears, under Language Configuration, select the language(s) you want to translate to.
- Under Content Parsing, select your Salesforce Article Types and click Save.
- Under Content Parsing, select the type of content each article section will be made up of (for example, HTML for the body) and click Save.
- (Optional) If you are using Salesforce Lightning, select Use Lightning Knowledge instead of Classic.
Your Salesforce Knowledge connector is now configured and articles are automatically downloaded to Smartling for translation.