Export Content to CSV
This article is for Account Owners, Project Managers, Agency Account Owners, Translation Resource Managers, Translators, Editors, and Reviewers.
There may be occasions, such as the following use cases, when exporting content and downloading it as a CSV file is useful:
- To be able to run spellcheck in Microsoft Office.
- To view content in an internal tool. (This is often the case with some agencies.)
- To easily sort and view content in a spreadsheet format.
Export Content to CSV (New Experience)
- In a project, click the Strings tab.
- With the filters on the left, find the strings you want to export.
- Select the checkboxes for the strings you want to export.
- Go to Actions > Export.
- Click Download and Close.
Export Content to CSV (Classic)
- Go to Projects (select a project) > Content > Translations.
- Select the status of the content (ex: In Progress, Completed, etc.) that you wish to export, and set your filters.
- Select Actions > Export All.
- From the Export All dialog box, click Download.
It's best to open your CSV file via Google spreadsheets or Open Office. If you're using Excel, it may cause character issues.
Your spreadsheet will show the following columns:
- String ID number
- Source text
- Translation text
- Plural type: The type of plural that the translation is, such as: one, many, other.
You cannot re-import the downloaded content back into Smartling.