Jobs Dashboard for Translators and Editors
This article is for Translators and Editors.
Content in Smartling is generally organized and prioritized in the following way:
A Smartling project (such as a mobile, web, files, or connector project) may contain one or more jobs. You may have multiple projects, each containing multiple jobs. The Jobs feature allows Account Owners, Project Managers, and Agency Account Owners to group and prioritize content for translation by due date, as well as monitor the progress throughout completion. Each job contains strings, consisting of words or phrases. When using the CAT tool, those strings are broken down into segments. For more information on strings and segments, see Content Parsing.
As a Translator or Editor, you can see the jobs that have been assigned to you by your Account Owner, Project Manager, Agency Account Owner, or Translation Resource Manager. The Jobs Dashboard enables you to view all of your tasks in one place, and easily find those which have a higher priority.
Your typical workflow would be to view all of your jobs in the Jobs Dashboard with approaching due dates, and then generate fuzzy estimates to better understand the effort required to complete the job. Once your work is saved and submitted via the CAT tool, the job that is completed will no longer appear in the Jobs Dashboard list.
Login to Smartling to see the Projects Dashboard and Jobs Dashboard. The Jobs Dashboard shows the following columns:
- Job: Job name
- Project: Project name with a link that brings you directly to your specific project (and subsequently, your list of translations: Content > Translations).
- Language: The source and target language. There is a separate row for each language and workflow step combination, therefore the same job name may appear multiple times.
- Strings: The number of strings in the job. In other words, if the job is in your list of "Current Work", this is what was assigned to you or claimed by you.
- Words: The number of words in the job. In other words, if the job is in your list of "Current Work", this is what was assigned to you or claimed by you.
- Task: Translating or editing.
- Issues: Number of issues. Click on the number to address the issues.
- Task Due Date: The due date for your specific task. For example, you may only be completing a portion of the job, not the entire job.
- Job Due Date: The due date for the entire job.
- Actions: If you're translating, click Open to launch the CAT tool or click the "more" icon to create a fuzzy match estimate. If you're editing, simply click Open.
A fuzzy match estimate is only available for translation tasks and not editing tasks.
Filter for Jobs
You'll be able to quickly filter on:
- Current Work
- Available to Claim: If you've selected Available to Claim, to actually claim a job, you'll need to click on the relevant project link from within the Project column.) You can sort by:
- Due Date
- Job name or reference number
- Work Not In Job: This allows you to see any translation/editing work in your queue that was not packaged into a job. It shows a breakdown by project, language, and workflow step. You can:
- Filter by Account and/or Project
- Launch the CAT tool by clicking Open
- View content in Project > Translation by clicking on the string or word link