Jobs Dashboard for Agency Account Owners
As an Agency Project Manager, you can see the jobs that have been created in Smartling for your team to translate, review or edit. The Jobs Dashboard enables you to view all the Jobs from your customers, across all accounts in one place, and easily find those which have a higher priority. You'll be able to easily view strings in progress, assign translations to resources, run a fuzzy estimate, set due dates by workflow, and address any issues.
The Jobs Dashboard give you an overview of all the Jobs with approaching task due dates, and where you can generate fuzzy estimates to better understand the effort required to complete the job. Once your work is saved and submitted via the CAT Tool, the job that is completed will no longer appear in the Jobs Dashboard list.
Login to Smartling to see the Jobs Dashboard.
The Jobs Dashboard shows the following columns:
- Job Name: Includes the Job name, Project name (hyperlinked, that brings you directly to that specific project, and subsequently, your list of translations: Content > Translations), and Account name. Under Account name will display an information icon if the Job includes a description, a flag with the number of Issues and a paperclip with the number of Job Attachments.
- Languages: The number of languages in the Job that require assignment.
- Progress: A color-coded progress bar - purple bars represent Translation and orange represents Editing. Hover over the bar to display the target language and the step you are working on, and the percentage of translations saved of the total words in the Job. If you work on multiple locales for a Job, you will see multiple progress bars - each bar represents a locale. Click Expand languages to view each bar independently.
- Total Words: The number of words in the job.
- Due Date: The due date for the entire job.
- Gear Icon: Click to assign due dates for each task in the workflow.
- Authorized: User who authorized the Job for translation, and the time and date it was authorized.
- Blue Action Button
- View Details: Click to open the Job Details and view assigned words, unassigned words, and the due date for each workflow step.
- Assign: Click to assign tasks to translation resource users.
- Ellipses: Click to get a Fuzzy Estimate for the Job. A fuzzy match estimate is only available for translation tasks and not editing tasks.
From the Jobs Dashboard, you can easily see all the jobs within a given project, or by using the Project filter. (If you have translations that have not been packaged into a job, you will need to drill down into each project to process any translations.)
- To assign work to Translators and Editors, click Require Assignment from the left navigation.
- Click Assign
- Select the assignee name
- Click Save
- Click the calendar to set a task due date
It may take a few minutes to see updated content available for assignment.
- Reassignment is not yet possible in this dialog. When you select save, you will not be able to edit the assignment from the dialog. You can still assign and unassign from the List View as before.
- You may choose to only assign the first step of the workflow and leave the next step blank. However, this dialog will not appear again until the content has reached the next step of the workflow.
- For example, if you only save the assignment for the translation step, you will only be able to assign the editing step when the content has reached the editing step.
Filter for Jobs at Risk or Late Jobs
To filter for jobs at risk of being late or jobs that are late, click Jobs At Risk or Late Jobs from the left navigation. A job will show as being at risk, or late, if the job contains at least one language that has not yet reached the published step.
- Jobs at risk are denoted with a vertical yellow bar.
- Late jobs are denoted with a red vertical bar.
You can save any filter-set used in the Jobs Dashboard. For more information, read Saved Searches.
Find Jobs With Issues
To filter jobs with issues, click Open Issues from the left navigation. Under the Job Name column, you'll see the issues flag icon together with the number of open issues on that Job.
- Click the flag to view open Issues
- Click the issue to Comment or Comment & Close.
You can also access the Issues Report under Report, if the Account Owner has granted your user role with permission.
Run a Fuzzy Estimate
At any point, you can run a fuzzy estimate and download it as a CSV file. You also have the option to re-run a fuzzy estimate (Refresh Estimate). This is useful if your job has changed since the last time an estimate was created.
This fuzzy estimate differs slightly from the one in your Projects Dashboard. In the Projects Dashboard, the estimate is only for the strings in the translation step. In the Jobs Dashboard, the estimate is for all the content within the job (for the steps that are accessible to you). For example, if a job has 100 words in the translation step and 200 words in the editing step, the estimate will be for all 300 words.
The data shown in your list of jobs is automatically updated every 3-hours. However, if you wish to manually refresh the data, click the Refresh data link.
You will see the following message: "Refreshing your dashboard... This might take a few minutes." Once the message disappears, your data will be refreshed.
From within your list of Jobs, if you click Expand Languages, you will see each language and the workflow name, along with the breakdown of word count in each step.
Job Attachments allows for reference files to be associated with a job and accessible to all users who have access to the job or the content in a job. These files are non-translatable and do not go through the translation workflow or count towards word count estimates.
- Upload: Any user may upload and attach any file to a job.
- View and Download: Any user may view and download any file attached to a job.
- Delete: Account Owners and Project Managers can delete any file attached to a job. Other roles can only delete the files they have uploaded.
File Types and Size
- File types: Any file type can be attached to a job.
- Maximum file size: 500Mb
- Maximum of 50 attachments
Download Translated Files
Agency Account Owner, Translations Resource Mangers, and Translation Resource user can download translated files via the List View. Current downloadable file formats are:
To download translated files from the Jobs Dashboard:
- Click the Project name (opens a new tab)
- Click Translations to bring you to the List View
- Click the downward arrow beside timestamp