Jobs Dashboard for Agency Account Owners and Translation Resource Managers
As an Agency Project Manager, your Smartling user role could either be an Agency Account Owner or Translation Resource Manager. In either case, you need to be able to see the Jobs that have been created in Smartling for your team to translate, review or edit.
The Jobs Dashboard enables you to view all the Jobs from your customers, across all accounts in one place, and easily find those which have a higher priority. You'll be able to easily view strings in progress, assign work to resources, run a fuzzy estimate, set due dates by workflow task, and address any issues.
The Jobs Dashboard give you an overview of all the Jobs with approaching task due dates, and where you can generate fuzzy estimates to better understand the effort required to complete the Job. Once your work is saved and submitted via the CAT Tool, the Job that is completed will no longer appear in the Jobs Dashboard list.
Accessing the Jobs Dashboard as an Agency Account Owner
Login to Smartling to see the Jobs Dashboard
Accessing the Jobs Dashboard as a Translation Resource Manager
Login to Smartling to enter the Project Dashboard
Click Jobs Dashboard at the top of the page to enter the Jobs Dashboard
Jobs Dashboard Overview
The center-panel columns of the Jobs Dashboard will include the Job Name with associated project name underneath, a color-coded progress bar, the total word count of the entire Job, the due date, and the date the Job was created.
The Jobs Dashboard shows the following columns:
Includes the name of the Job, Project name (hyperlinked, that brings you directly to that specific project, and subsequently, your list of translations: Content > Translations), and Account name.
Under Account name will display an information icon if the Job includes a description
The flag icon indicates the number of Issues
The paperclip with the number of Job Attachments.
Languages & Progress
The number of languages in the Job that require assignment.
A color-coded progress bar - purple bars represent Translation and orange represents Editing.
Hover over the bar to display the target language and the step you are working on, and the percentage of translations saved of the total words in the Job. If you work on multiple locales for a Job, you will see multiple progress bars - each bar represents a locale.
Click Expand languages to view each progress bar and language independently.
The number of words in the Job.
The due date for the entire Job.
Click the gear icon to assign due dates for each task in the workflow.
User who authorized the Job for translation, and the time and date it was authorized.
Jobs Dashboard Actions
Depending on the state of the Job, the blue actions button could display one of the following actions:
- View Details: Click to open the Job Details and view assigned words, unassigned words, and the due date for each workflow step.
- From here you can view the Job number, which is a unique ID for the Job, created by Smartling.
- You can also view the Job description, which is additional important information about the translation task, provided by Account Owner, Project Manager or Requester users (typically the user who created the Job).
- Assign: Click to assign tasks to translation resource users.
Next to the blue actions button, there is an ellipsis, where you can click to get a Fuzzy Estimate for the Job. A fuzzy match estimate is only available for translation tasks and not editing tasks.
Jobs Dashboard Filters
The following are preset filters on the Jobs Dashboard:
- All Jobs (default)
- At Risk
- Due Soon
- Late Jobs
- Open Issues
- Require Assignment
Jobs At Risk or Late
To filter for Jobs at risk of being late or Jobs that are late, click Jobs At Risk or Late Jobs from the left navigation. A Job will show as being at risk, or late, if the Job contains at least one language that has not yet reached the published step.
- Jobs at risk are denoted with a vertical yellow bar.
- Late Jobs are denoted with a red vertical bar.
You can save any filter-set used in the Jobs Dashboard. For more information, read Saved Searches.
Jobs With Open Issues
To filter Jobs with issues, click Open Issues from the left navigation. Under the Job Name column, you'll see the issues flag icon together with the number of open issues on that Job.
- Click the flag to view open Issues
- Click the issue to Comment or Comment & Close.
You can also access the Issues Report under Report, if the Account Owner has granted your user role with permission.
Jobs that Require Assignment - How to Assign Work
From the Jobs Dashboard, you can easily see all the Jobs within a given project, or by using the Project filter. (If you have translations that have not been packaged into a Job, you will need to drill down into each project to process any translations.)
- To assign work to Translators and Editors, click Require Assignment from the left navigation.
- Click Assign
- Select the assignee name
- Click Save
- Click the calendar to set a task due date
It may take a few minutes to see updated content available for assignment.
- Reassignment is not yet possible in this dialog. When you select save, you will not be able to edit the assignment from the dialog. You can still assign and unassign from the List View as before.
- You may choose to only assign the first step of the workflow and leave the next step blank. However, this dialog will not appear again until the content has reached the next step of the workflow.
- For example, if you only save the assignment for the translation step, you will only be able to assign the editing step when the content has reached the editing step.
Run a Fuzzy Estimate
At any point, you can run a fuzzy estimate and download it as a CSV file. You also have the option to re-run a fuzzy estimate (Refresh Estimate). This is useful if your Job has changed since the last time an estimate was created.
This fuzzy estimate differs slightly from the one in your Projects Dashboard. In the Projects Dashboard, the estimate is only for the strings in the translation step. In the Jobs Dashboard, the estimate is for all the content within the Job (for the steps that are accessible to you). For example, if a Job has 100 words in the translation step and 200 words in the editing step, the estimate will be for all 300 words.
The data shown in your list of Jobs is automatically updated every 3-hours. However, if you wish to manually refresh the data, click the Refresh data link.
You will see the following message: "Refreshing your dashboard... This might take a few minutes." Once the message disappears, your data will be refreshed.
From within your list of Jobs, if you click Expand Languages, you will see each language and the workflow name, along with the breakdown of word count in each step.
Job Attachments allows for reference files to be associated with a Job and accessible to all users who have access to the Job or the content in a Job. These files are non-translatable and do not go through the translation workflow or count towards word count estimates.
- Upload: Any user may upload and attach any file to a Job.
- View and Download: Any user may view and download any file attached to a Job.
- Delete: Account Owners and Project Managers can delete any file attached to a Job. Other roles can only delete the files they have uploaded.
File Types and Size
- File types: Any file type can be attached to a Job.
- Maximum file size: 500 MB
- Maximum of 50 attachments
Download Translated Files
Agency Account Owner, Translations Resource Mangers, and Translation Resource user can download translated files via the List View. Current downloadable file formats are:
To download translated files from the Jobs Dashboard:
- Click the Project name (opens a new tab)
- Click Translations to bring you to the List View
- Click the downward arrow beside timestamp