This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers.
To better understand the Issues feature, and the importance of addressing issues opened by linguists, see Respond to Questions from Linguists.
There are three different issues reports. See the Issues Reports article for more detail on each of the following:
- Source Issues (Reports > Issues > Source Issues tab):
- Translation Issues (Reports > Issues > Translation Issues tab):
- Issues Details (Reports > Issues > Issues Details tab):
This article focuses on managing issues within the Issues Details report. If a string has multiple issues, it will appear multiple times in the report. The default sort order is by most recent creation date.
When viewing the full list of issues, you have multiple filter options to choose from:
- Projects (all projects)
- Issue Status
- Issue Type
- Issue Subtype: For example:
- Doesn't Fit Space
- Placeholder Issue
- Poor Translation
- Review Translation
- (Subtypes can be customized for the account. Contact your Customer Success Manager to request custom subtypes. They are specific to either source or translation type.)
- Languages (all languages)
- Reporter (user name)
- Created Before
- Created After
- Closed Before
- Closed After
Click on any issue/row to launch the String Details dialog box. Within these tabs, you can perform the following:
- Create/add a new issue by selecting whether it's a "source" or "translation" issue, and its subtype. Add an issue description.
- Any email address can be added as a watcher to receive notifications about an issue being opened, commented on, or closed.
- Comment or comment and resolve an issue.
- Add specific instructions for the string.
- Ability to attach reference information to a set of content, an issue, or an issue comment.
- View a complete history of the string.
If you have a long list of issues, and would like to leave them set to Open, it can become difficult to easily see which ones you've already addressed, and those that still need your attention. Therefore, to facilitate that, when you click on an issue/row, you can select the Answered checkbox.
In your Issues Details report, this will then appear as "Yes" in the Answered column. (If you haven't selected the Answered checkbox, in your list of issues it will appear as "No".)
Select individual issues from the current page or close all issues that match the current filter.