This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers.
The Sendwithus connector allows you to translate Sendwithus emails in Smartling. Translations are requested from within Sendwithus, and translated content is automatically sent to your Sendwithus instance.
The connector supports translation of email template content.
After you've linked your Sendwithus account to Smartling, you can begin requesting translations.
- From within your Sendwithus account, click Content > Templates.
- Locate the template you would like to translate.
- Click the template name to edit it.
- In the Sendwithus editor, select Actions > Translate with Smartling.
- After you have confirmed the action and pop up will appear. Click Ok to continue.
- In your Smartling Sendwithus project, an HTML file will be uploaded for the email template under Content > Files.
Once your Sendwithus content is in Smartling, it needs to be authorized in order to start the translation process. Learn how in our Request Translations Using Jobs guide.
Check Status of Translations
Status of your translations can be tracked in the Smartling dashboard. If you've requested translations using Jobs as suggested above, you can track translation process from the Jobs page. Otherwise, track progress from the Workflow Summary screen.
Download Translations to Sendwithus
Translated files will automatically be sent back into Sendwithus when all of the content for a language has reached the published state.
You can view your translated emails in Sendwithus by clicking the down arrow on the right side of the template.
Handling Updates to Sendwithus Content
If you update an email template and would like to request translations for the new content, you can do so by selecting the Actions > Translate with Smartling option just as you did in your original request.
Any new content will need to also be authorized in Smartling.
Sendwithus emails are received by Smartling in HTML format and have automatic visual content auto context.
All default behaviors described in the article are managed and defined by Sendwithus.