Create a Project
This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers who are using one of the following self-service plans: Essential, Basic, Pro, or Business.
Do not create a project just to place a new order. Review "Upload files and place an order". Projects are limited and should only be created when absolutely needed. For example if you need to separate files for different software platforms where you content lives.
Once you've completed the online registration to create your account, you'll then see the Smartling Account Dashboard.
- Click Create Project.
- Select the source file type. (Not all project types are available in all plans.)
- Mobile (such as XLIFF or XML) -OR-
- Files (such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, or InDesign)
- Click Next.
- Create a name for your project that describes its purpose, and is easy to understand.
- Select source and target language(s), then click Create Project.
The Project Dashboard will appear. Pay attention to the Next Steps section.