Adobe Experience Manager Classic
This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers
Once you have installed and configured the Smartling Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Classic Connector, you can create and manage translation submissions to Smartling in the AEM Classic interface.
The Smartling AEM Classic Connector adds a Smartling-specific area to the Websites portal that allows you to manage components of AEM for translation.
Once the Smartling Connector is configured and target language branches have been created, translations of pages in the source or reference language can be requested from the Classic UI Editor.
- Browse to the Websites portal and double-click to edit an existing page in the source language. In the Classic Editor Sidekick, open the Workflow tab and expand the Smartling Translations section. Click Translate.
- From the Send for Translation window, either enter a new Job Name and Due Date for this submission or choose the Add to Existing Job tab and select an existing job to which the page should be added. If you would like to authorize the job to be translated automatically, select Authorize Job.
- Select the language(s) into which you would like to translate the page and click Translate.
The sidekick will display the progress of the submission. The sidekick also indicates if a user has updated a page submitted for translation by marking the language with an asterisk (*).
Translate Content in Bulk
Check the Bulk Submit option from the Send for Translation window and use configure to select sub-pages to be included in the submission.
Include Visual Context with your Translation Request
A visual context capture tool is built into the Smartling AEM Classic connector, helping linguists get your translations right the first time - reducing translation cost and time to market.
If visual context is not displaying properly in Smartling, your AEM administrator should check the Smartling settings in AEM's Web Console Configuration page, or enable a proxy connection in Smartling - Network Settings.
Check the Status of Translations
Once you have submitted the page(s) for translation, you can view and manage the submission on the Smartling Submissions page.
- Browse to the Websites portal and double-click Smartling > Submissions.
- Use the sidebar to search submissions by title, path, or status.
- Select one or more pages. (SHIFT + click to select multiple pages.)
- Choose an action:
- Re-send: Submit an updated version of the page to Smartling.
- Download: Manually download available translations from Smartling.
- Cancel: Cancels the submission. The download scheduler will no longer check for translations and the file will be unavailable for translation.
Double-clicking any page will open a preview window showing the original page and the translated page side by side. Scroll and zoom is synced between the two windows.
If you encounter an error, you can access the Connector’s logs from within your AEM instance by clicking on the Websites Tab, then Smartling > Smartling Log Viewer.
Enter a number in the Line count box and click Refresh to display recent lines from the logs.
Click Download to generate an archive containing the smartling log file, and a snapshot of the connector's metadata for recently submitted pages. This information helps Smartling technical support to diagnose errors.