Getting Started With DQF
This article is for Translators and Editors. To use this feature, your customer should contact their Smartling Customer Success Manager to have it enabled, if it hasn't already been done.
Dynamic Quality Framework (DQF), is quickly becoming the standard for evaluating, tracking, and benchmarking translation quality. Smartling has partnered with industry think tank Taus to build a configurable error counting and reporting framework into the Smartling platform.
This document is a Getting Started guide for Translators and Editors who will perform DQF reviews in Smartling.
Access DQF From the CAT Tool
- Go to Projects (select a project) > Content > Translations.
- Click the Workflow drop down menu. The Workflow dialog box will appear.
- Filter for content that's in the DQF workflow step.
- Access the CAT tool by hovering over a string and clicking Add/Edit Translation.
In the CAT tool, you'll see the new Quality Evaluation panel on the right hand side of the screen. This is the format used to report errors that are present in translations.
Report Translation Errors
- In the CAT tool, select a segment to review.
- Read the segment thoroughly, and in the Quality Evaluation panel on the righthand side, report any errors that are present in the translation.
- When you feel you have reported all errors that are present in the segment, navigate to the next segment and repeat this review process.
If there are no errors present in a translation, simply check String Contains No Errors in the Quality Evaluation panel.
Submit a Completed Review
When you have completed a DQF review of translations, it's important to submit it. Make sure that the submission is done via the CAT tool, otherwise it will not appear in the report. Submitting a DQF review will save the Quality Evaluation information and generate a report for your organization to act on.
To submit a review, click Submit Translations at the top of the CAT Tool. You can submit reviews for:
- Confirmed segments (Segments that have been confirmed by selecting the Confirm check mark in the CAT tool.)
- All translated segments (Incomplete DQF Quality Evaluation forms will be submitted as blank.)
Each string should be evaluated, otherwise, they will not show up in the report.