Delete a Workflow
This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers.
You can delete a workflow if the following criteria have been met:
- It is not the first workflow listed in a project, and it is not configured as a default workflow
- No strings are in progress in the workflow (in any project, language, or state (i.e. active or inactive))
- No resources are assigned to any of the workflow steps
- All steps except "Translation" have been deleted from the workflow
- If a workflow step uses copy-source-to-target method, it must be switched to human translation method
Delete a Workflow (New Experience)
- In a project, click the gear icon and select Project Settings.
- Click Workflows.
- Next to the name of the workflow, click the gear icon and select Delete Workflow.
- Click Confirm.
Delete a Workflow (Classic)
- Within a project, go to Project Settings > Translation Workflow.
- Next to the workflow you wish to delete, click Delete.
- Click Confirm to delete the workflow or Cancel to exit.
Only Account Owners can delete an Account Level workflow.
Submit a help ticket if you encounter difficulty deleting a workflow.